Startup SG Tech suppots Proof-of-Concept (POC) and Proof-of-Value (POV) projects for commercialisation of innovative technologies.
For Proof-of-Concept (POC) projects: Support of up to S$250,000
For Proof-of-Value (POV) projects: Support of up to S$500,000
- A startup company with core activities carried out in Singapore.
You need to:
- Be registered for less than 5 years at time of grant application;
- Have at least 30% local shareholding;
- Have group annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million or group employment size of not more than 200 workers.
- Clearly demonstrate how science/technology is applied.
- Be of a breakthrough level of innovation such as a distinctly different or new technology which either
(i) has the potential to disrupt an existing market or
(ii) create a new market/purpose/niche.
- Lead to or build on proprietary know-how/IP.
- Be commercially viable.
- The solution is at the conceptualisation stage, and the technical/scientific viability still needs to be proven.
- The application clearly explains the innovative science or technology concept behind the solution.
- Individual applicants from public sector research institutes must demonstrate entrepreneurial commitment to continue their technology commercialisation work upon successful completion of the project.
- Need to show the technology concept you are building on, and the commercial merit to be validated.
- Required to demonstrate proof-of-interest from a potential customer or 3rd party investor, and the necessary business competencies to execute the project.
- To maintain financial discipline, startups will be required to inject an increase in paid-up capital of 10% and 20% of the grant for POC and POV respectively.
- The increase in paid-up capital replaces prior restrictions on the supportable costs.
Stage 1 (Registration of Interest)
- Submit a summary of the proposed project;
- Download and complete the Interest Form*;
- Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Enterprise Singapore (ESG) will inform you of your project’s eligibility.
Stage II (Application and Evaluation)
- Accepted application will be invited to ESG for a formal application*;
- Proposals are assessed for their innovativeness, technical feasibility and commercialisation potential.
Stage III (Final Panel Evaluation)
- Both POC and/or POV shortlisted applicants from Stage II will present their proposals to a final evaluation panel comprising of industry experts.
- The decision of the evaluation panel is final.
*Refer to "Documents you will need for your application" for more details.