Startup SG Tech suppots Proof-of-Concept (POC) and Proof-of-Value (POV) projects for commercialisation of innovative technologies.
For Proof-of-Concept (POC) projects: Support of up to S$250,000
For Proof-of-Value (POV) projects: Support of up to S$500,000
- A startup company with core activities carried out in Singapore.
You need to:
- Be registered for less than 5 years at time of grant application;
- Have at least 30% local shareholding;
- Have group annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million or group employment size of not more than 200 workers.
- Clearly demonstrate how science/technology is applied.
- Be of a breakthrough level of innovation such as a distinctly different or new technology which either
(i) has the potential to disrupt an existing market or
(ii) create a new market/purpose/niche.
- Lead to or build on proprietary know-how/IP.
- Be commercially viable.
- The solution is at the conceptualisation stage, and the technical/scientific viability still needs to be proven.
- The application clearly explains the innovative science or technology concept behind the solution.
- Individual applicants from public sector research institutes must demonstrate entrepreneurial commitment to continue their technology commercialisation work upon successful completion of the project.
- Need to show the technology concept you are building on, and the commercial merit to be validated.
- Required to demonstrate proof-of-interest from a potential customer or 3rd party investor, and the necessary business competencies to execute the project.
- To maintain financial discipline, startups will be required to inject an increase in paid-up capital of 10% and 20% of the grant for POC and POV respectively.
- The increase in paid-up capital replaces prior restrictions on the supportable costs.
Stage 1 (Registration of Interest)
- Submit a summary of the proposed project;
- Download and complete the Interest Form*;
- Email your completed form to email@example.com;
- Enterprise Singapore (ESG) will inform you of your project’s eligibility.
Stage II (Application and Evaluation)
- Accepted application will be invited to ESG for a formal application*;
- Proposals are assessed for their innovativeness, technical feasibility and commercialisation potential.
Stage III (Final Panel Evaluation)
- Both POC and/or POV shortlisted applicants from Stage II will present their proposals to a final evaluation panel comprising of industry experts.
- The decision of the evaluation panel is final.
*Refer to "Documents you will need for your application" for more details.
E-Commerce Booster Package - Singapore E-Commerce Programme
Through this programme, businesses can engage one of the four appointed e-commerce platforms to sell products online and expand their reach in the Singapore market
Startup SG Equity
This government and private co-investment scheme provides equity investments to tech startups with strong intellectual property and global market potential. SEEDS Capital Pte Ltd (SC) and SGInnovate have been appointed to manage the funds under Startup SG Equity.
Technology for Enterprise Capability Upgrading (T-UP)
This programme helps your company in your innovation journey by engaging A*STAR Research Scientists and Engineers from Research Institutes (RIs) to identify and execute suitable Research and Development (R&D) or innovation projects to upgrade your operations.
Overseas Market Workshop (China)
This workshop will provide participants with a better understanding of the regional markets through networking with local businesses in China and also gain knowledge from local and foreign practitioners, business owners and market experts.
Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) - Standards Adoption
This component of the EDG helps companies adopt internationally-recognised standards and certifications in key industries and emerging sectors. By doing so, companies can enhance their competitiveness, improve their access to other markets and increase customer trust in their products and services.