Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Supports of up to 70% of qualified costs
Non-SMEs: Support of up to 50% of qualified costs
- A Singaporean SME looking to execute M&A.
You need to:
- Be registered and operating in Singapore.
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding.
- Be in a financially viable position to start and complete the project.
- Engage management consultant(s) with Enterprise Singapore-recognised certification* if you are applying for EDG support for consultancy-related costs.
*Refer to "Critical Information" for more details.
- Development of M&A strategies that complements and supports overall growth of your company;
- Conducting of feasibility studies, for example a competitive scan or a target search;
- Evaluation of a target during acquisition, which can include legal, financial or tax due diligence work;
- Estimation of a company's current value;
- Development of a change management plan for the post-merger entity to integrate people, processes and culture.
- Activities pertaining to the actual closing of a transaction such as the drafting of purchase and sales contracts, and cost of acquisition.
- Members/specialists in the consultancy team who are not providing management consultancy services, but are performing dedicated functions such as market research, audit, fieldwork, design/artwork, equipment installation and drafting of legal agreements;
- Consultants offering technical advice and expertise in the development of new technology, and solutions vendors.
- The EDG only supports projects that are new and not generating any revenue at the point of grant application.
- A project is considered to have begun if suppliers and service providers have already signed a contract, or if any work on the project scope has begun or if payment has been received for the project.
- Before you apply, you may approach the SME centres to discuss your project(s) to ensure that you qualify for the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG).
- Applications will be assessed by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) based on the project scope, project outcomes and competency of the service provider.
- You have to sign-in to the Business Grants Portal with your CorpPass1.
- Your application will be processed within 8-10 weeks from the time you submit your project application.
- We may contact you via the Business Grants Portal for clarifications.
- Your company will receive a Letter of Offer (LOF) indicating:
1. the conditions of support; and
2. the amount of the grant awarded.
- You need to acknowledge the letter and accept the LOF within the timeline indicated, otherwise the application will be considered invalid.
- All grants are supported on a reimbursement basis.
- Submit a report with details on the project deliverables.
- Provide a pre-qualified auditor’s report for the verified expenditures and any supporting documents.
- ESG may request for a site visit, presentation meeting and/or other supporting documents.
- Provide GIRO information of company bank account to facilitate disbursement of funds.
- Claims must reach ESG no later than 6 months from the end of the project qualifying period.
1. No CorpPass Account? Refer to the CorpPass guide for instructions on setting up an account.
These are to be submitted before all other application processes:
1. Latest ACRA search or instant information
- Dated no earlier than 6 months from date of project application;
- If there are corporate shareholders, please provide the information for the corporate parents as well.
2. Latest audited financial statement
- No earlier than 12 months from date of project application of your company;
- If applicable, the consolidated financial statement of your ultimate parent company as well.
Not required if you have:
- Provided the information for a prior project within the last 12 months, and
- There are no changes to the documents.
3. Relevant proof of quotation for the cost of your project items
4. For projects where management consultants are engaged, please include the following details in the Consultants’ proposal:
- Details of the scope of work;
- Man-day rate breakdown of the service;
- CVs and scanned copies of ESG-recognised certification(s) of the consultant(s).