Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Support of up to 70% of qualified costs*
Non-SMEs: Support of up to 50% of qualified costs*
1. Certification fees
- A Singapore SME looking to get accredited.
You need to:
- Be registered and operating in Singapore.
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding.
- Be in a financially viable position to start and complete the project.
- Engage management consultant(s) that have a certification* recognised by Enterprise Singapore (ESG), if you are applying for support for consultancy-related costs.
*Refer to "Critical Information" for more details.
Scope of work can cover:
- Assessment and adoption of relevant standards for business growth.
What is not covered:
- Cost of annual surveillance or re-certification of current standards which the company is already certified with;
- Standards referred to in local regulatory acts;
- Product testing and validation of existing or off-the-shelf products;
- Basic standards: ISO 9001, ISO 14001,OHSAS 18001, SS 506, and ISO 45001.
Those who do not need to be certified are:
- Members/ specialists in the consultancy team who are not providing management consultancy services, but are performing dedicated functions, such as market research, audit, fieldwork, design/ artwork, equipment installation, and drafting of legal agreements;
- Consultants offering technical advice and expertise in the development of new technology, and solutions vendors.
- The EDG only supports projects that are new and not generating any revenue at the point of grant application.
- A project is considered to have begun if suppliers and service providers have already signed a contract, or if any work on the project scope has begun or if payment has been received for the project.
- Before you apply, you may approach the SME centres to discuss your project(s) and ensure that you qualify for the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG).
- Applications will be assessed by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) based on the project scope, project outcomes and competency of the service provider.
- You have to sign-in to the Business Grants Portal with your CorpPass1.
- Your application will be processed within 8-10 weeks from the time you submit your project application.
- We may contact you via the Business Grants Portal for clarifications.
- Your company will receive a Letter of Offer (LOF) indicating:
1. the conditions of support; and
2. the amount of grant awarded.
- You need to acknowledge and accept the LOF within the timeline indicated, otherwise the application will be considered invalid.
- All grants are supported on a reimbursement basis.
- Submit a report with details on the project deliverables.
- Provide a pre-qualified auditor’s report for the verified expenditures and any supporting documents must be provided.
- ESG may request for a site visit, presentation meeting and/or other supporting documents.
- Provide GIRO information of company bank account to facilitate disbursement of funds.
- Claims must reach ESG no later than 6 months from the end of the project qualifying period.
1. No CorpPass Account? Refer to the CorpPass guide for instructions on setting up an account.
These are to be submitted before all other application processes:
1. Latest ACRA search or instant information
- Dated no earlier than 6 months from date of project application;
- If there are corporate shareholders, please provide the information for the corporate parents as well.
2. Latest audited financial statement
- No earlier than 12 months from date of project application of your company;
- If applicable, the consolidated financial statement of your ultimate parent company as well.
Not required if you have:
- Provided the information for a prior project within the last 12 months, and
- There are no changes to the documents.
3. Relevant proof of quotation for the cost of your project items
4. For projects where management consultants are engaged, please include the following details in the Consultants’ proposal:
- Details of the scope of work;
- Man-day rate breakdown of the service;
- CVs and scanned copies of ESG-recognised certification(s) of the consultant(s).