- Mentorship and capital grant to first-time entrepreneurs;
- Enterprise Singapore (ESG) will match $3 for every $1 raised by the entrepreneur.
- A Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) who is a first-time entrepreneur with a novel idea.
You need to:
- Hold or decide to hold at least 30% equity in the underlying company;
- Ensure that the company has at least 51% of local shareholding and has not been incorporated for more than 6 months at the point of application to ESG;
- Dedicate a reasonable amount of your time to the business and must be a key decision maker in the company;
- Commit full-time to the company and not be in any other employment from the time you accepted the terms and conditions of the Letter of Offer.
You must not have:
- Registered or incorporated any business entity.
- Received any funding for the proposed business idea from another government organisation.
What to expect when applying
- Complete the Startup SG Founder Application Form and submit it to your selected Accredited Mentor Partners (AMP) for consideration.
- If the AMP assesses that you have met the eligibility and evaluation criteria, you will be recommended to ESG, together with the appropriate milestones for grant disbursements.
- Incomplete applications will not be addressed.
Documents you'll need for your application
- Completed and signed Startup SG Founder Application Form,
- ACRA e-statement (to declare that main applicant is a first-time entrepreneur)1,
- Business plans, CVs of management team (Optional).
1. You do not need to incorporate a company to apply for this grant, otherwise the company should not be incorporated for more than six (6) months at the point of application to ESG.