Join the Family of Tech-Savvy Seniors!
Do you surprise your peers and family with your tech-savvy skills, or know anyone with a passion to help fellow seniors go digital? If that sounds like you, nominate yourself or your friend to be a Silver Infocomm Wellness Ambassador (SIWA)!
SIWAs are seniors, aged 50 years and above, recognised for their active IT lifestyle and their efforts in inspiring and encouraging their peers to use infocomm technology to enhance their lifestyle, e.g. social networking, blogging and e-banking. SIWAs come from different backgrounds, but all of them have a burning passion to help other seniors embrace technology.
As more seniors become ready to embrace digital and be enriched by digital technologies, we hope that these leading seniors can also empower their peers to help them embrace the digital world.
IMDA and the Peoples’ Association Active Ageing Council (PAAAC) appoint new Silver Infocomm Wellness Ambassadors (SIWAs) each year, in recognition of seniors who lead an active digital lifestyle and are passionate about guiding their peers to go digital.
Appointed Silver Infocomm Wellness Ambassadors will each receive a $100 voucher.
The nominations for 2021 have closed.
Eligibility and Criteria
IMDA and PA AAC are looking for individuals who:
- Are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents aged 50 and above as at 1 Apr 2021.
- Are actively using technology in their daily lives; and are passionate about volunteering and helping others embrace technology for greater convenience and better quality of life.
- Are willing to be interviewed, photographed, make public appearances or undertake other activities for publicity or outreach purposes as Silver Infocomm Wellness Ambassadors.
- Past SIWA nominees may re-apply.
Perks of being a SIWA
As a SIWA, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet and network with like-minded peers who have the passion to help seniors go digital
- Volunteer and participate at events organised by IMDA or PA AAC
- Share your IT experience through talks at events, interviews or filming opportunities, where applicable.
- Play a role in inspiring seniors in the community to learn and adopt technology to benefit their lives.
Learn more about SIWAs from the videos below: