Funding support for the CTP can include components such as:
- Salary support for foreign specialist, local specialist (if trained by foreign specialist or trained overseas) conducting follow-on training in Singapore, or local trainees sent overseas; and/or
- Attachment-related costs such as airfare and Cost of Living Allowances; and/or
- Venue costs for foreign specialists conducting training in Singapore (for industry-level projects); and/or
- Equipment costs (for industry-level projects).
Details on supportable categories may be found in the Factsheet here.
To qualify, companies/associations/professional bodies must be locally registered or incorporated, and operating in Singapore.
The CTP aims to improve local-foreign workforce complementarity, by facilitating transfer of capabilities from foreign specialists to locals with the objectives of encouraging:
- A culture of pervasive capabilities transfer across all sectors and entities; and
- Companies / associations / professional bodies to develop and acquire new capabilities in Singapore by ensuring that there is a sufficient supply of Singaporeans with the requisite skillsets.
All project proposals will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration:
- Our existing local capability gaps;
- The potential impact of the transfer of capabilities to locals; and
- Linkage of the project to the industry as a whole.