ARCore (for Android) and ARKit (for iOS) are gaining popularity and more developers are building AR applications on these platforms. Unity is facilitating the AR development with ARFoundation which serves as an abstraction layer to interface with both ARCore and ARKit so developers just need to develop once and deploy their AR app to both Android and iOS.
- comparison of ARFoundation to ARCore and ARKit
- handle scaling of AR objects
- ARFoundation best practices
Who should attend?
Retail - Shoppers can experience and preview a product before they buy with an AR model of the product.
AEC - AR provides a way to "see through" an object by overlaying a virtual object on top of the real world object with an AR enabled handheld device. The overlaid information makes it easy to examine the underlying structure of an object.
Media - Students can be more engaged when interacting with AR content
Medical - AR provides a way to "see through" an object by overlaying a virtual object on top of the real world object on an AR enabled handheld device. The overlaid information makes it easy to examine the underlying structure of a specimen.
Education - Students can be more engaged when interacting with AR content
Intermediate. Able to produce a complete Unity project.
- A laptop with Unity Engine 2018.3.12f1 pre-installed.
Here's the list of upcoming workshops, passes will be available via EventBrite closer to the date.
- to attend the workshop, a valid pass is required.
- no fee will be imposed on the attendees, a no show would mean you will not be assigned a valid pass for subsequent workshops (to attend, you can try to do a walk in for subsequent workshops and will be accepted if there are vacancies).
- Walk-ins will only be accepted if we have any last minute dropouts (do note that participation is not guaranteed while a wait outside the venue of at least 30 mins is expected), do note that participation is not guaranteed unless with a valid pass. If we have a full turnout, we apologize that any walk-ins will be rejected.
- as this is a workshop series in partnership with IMDA, priority will be given to those living in Singapore.
If you can't attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least the day prior to the session, so we can release the seat.