SINGAPORE DIGITAL (SG:D) SCHOLARSHIP (UNDERGRADUATE)
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 HAVE COMMENCED AND WILL CLOSE ON 17 MARCH 2019. APPLY HERE
The Singapore Digital (SG:D) Scholarship, announced by Minister of Communications and Information on 25 September 2018, consolidates the various industry scholarships that are offered by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), i.e. the Media Education Scholarship (MES), MES (Film) and the National Infocomm Scholarship (NIS) are now subsumed under the SG:D Scholarship (Undergraduate). The terms and conditions of the scholarship have been enhanced to groom aspiring Infocomm Media (ICM) talent to be industry-ready for an exciting career in a fast-evolving digital economy.
The SG:D Scholarship (Undergraduate) is an industry scholarship that empowers students pursuing Infocomm Media (ICM) related studies at the undergraduate level with a wealth of opportunities. Scholars under the programme have the flexibility to chart your own career with the industry. Scholars can serve your bond in a ICM-related job role in the organisation of your choice*, ranging from Startups to SMEs to MNCs, in any industry, from healthcare to finance to media.
*as approved by IMDA
If you have a passion for ICM and want to take an active role in influencing how technology and/or storytelling can help shape lives, you are invited to explore the multitude of opportunities abound in fields such as digital and interactive media, film & TV, games development, cybersecurity, mobile technology, artificial intelligence, the internet of things and many more.
SG:D Scholarship also support ICM-related studies at the following levels:
For enquiries, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen
- Have a good Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) record
- Possess a strong interest in a career in the ICM industry
- Commence university studies within one year of award (i.e. commence studies latest by Academic Year 2020 for 2019 awardees)
- For Full Scholarship - A/IB/IP Level or Polytechnic diploma holder pursuing an ICM-related degree at a local or overseas university.
- For Mid-Term Scholarship - existing undergraduate pursuing an ICM-related degree at a local or overseas university with minimally one academic year of study remaining from point of award.
Eligible courses -:
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) studies including Computer Science / Business and IT / Computational Biology / Financial Informatics / Information Security / Analytics / Applied Sciences etc.
- Media-related courses in Animation /Broadcast /Film /Games, Interactive Media / Publishing (including Content Creation related courses in English, Mandarin, Malay & Tamil).
SG:D Scholarship (Undergraduate) offers - shorter bonds as follows:
- 5 years for Full Overseas Scholarship;
- 3 years for Full Local Scholarship;
- 4 years for the Fast Track Bachelors-Masters Scholarship; or
- Between 1 to 4 years for Mid-Term Local or Overseas Scholarship (depends on the duration of sponsorship).
Scholars can serve their bond in any ICM-related job role in an organisation of their choice, with consensus by IMDA. Organisations interested to hire SG:D scholars can email email@example.com for more information on the terms and conditions.
Successful applicants will be given support for:
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees
- Annual living allowance and a one-time computer allowance
- Hostel fees
- Medical insurance and visa fees, etc. where mandatory
- Funding support for courses and certifications beyond school curriculum
- Support for overseas experiences including overseas internships, student exchange programmes, and competitions