Building on the success of last year’s pilot run, LASALLE College of the Arts, in collaboration with the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), will be launching the second edition of WritersLab, a programme under IMDA’s Story Lab initiative, which aims to push the boundaries of scriptwriting and storytelling for television and online platforms.
Up to 15 committed local writers will have the opportunity to undergo an intensive 9-week writing programme that features:
- A series of Masterclasses by an International Expert (IE), Dr Angus Finney
- Customised tutorials by Dialogue Experts (DEs) each specialising in English, Malay and Tamil respectively
- Individual script development supervision
- Partnership with Production Houses
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to develop:
- A production-ready script
- Detailed proposal outlining the full series including budget breakdown
- Series bible
Participants will also have the opportunity to pitch their stories to members of the media industry in Singapore.
All applicants must:
- Be a Singaporean or a Singapore Permanent Resident
- Be a diploma/degree holder
- Have at least 3 years of writing experience
- Preferably have written at least 1 credited script that has been produced* (eg. screenplays, short stories)
- Be able to commit to the full duration of WritersLab i.e. 4 June to 4 August 2018
*2-day Scriptwriting Foundational Class
Applicants without at least 1 credited script which has been produced will be required to attend a 2-day Scriptwriting Foundational Class conducted by the IE on 2 and 3 June, 9.30am to 6.30pm.
Programme duration: 4 June 2018 to 4 August 2018
- Thursdays and Fridays: 7.30pm – 10.00pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 9.30am – 6.30pm
- Other days of the week will be reserved for one-on-one consultation sessions which individual participants will need to book with the respective IE and DEs
Applications will close on 20 April 2018, so register now at https://tinyurl.com/writerslab2018!