Up to S$50 million loan per Borrower Group* for overseas projects
Up to S$30 million loan per Borrower Group* for domestic projects
Note 1: Overall loan exposure limit of S$50 million per borrower group across all areas.
Note 2: EFS - Project Loan will be enhanced from 1 January 2021 until 31 March 2022 to support domestic projects for construction companies^.
* Refer to "Critical Information" for more details.
^ Companies registered with SSIC codes beginning with 41, 42 or 43 may apply for the enhance EFS - Project Loan to support domestic projects through the PFIs.
- A Singaporean SME looking to finance the fufillment of secured overseas projects.
You need to:
- Be a business entity1 that is registered and physically present in Singapore,
- Have at least 30% local equity held directly or indirectly by Singaporean(s) and/or Singapore PR(s), determined by the ultimate individual ownership,
- Have Group Annual Sales Turnover2 of not more than S$500 million.
For the loan to be supported under EFS - Project Loan, the additional criteria are required:
- Fixed assets acquired are to discharge a contractual obligation under the project,
- It must be for secured sales order and/or projects. It cannot be used solely for general working capital/operating expenses.
1. ACRA registered Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Partnerships and Companies are eligible to apply for the scheme. Approval of the loan is subject to the PFI's assessment.
2. Annual sales turnover and employment size is computed on a group basis.
In the event of company insolvency, Enterprise Singapore will co-share with the Participating Financial Institution (PFI):
- Up to 50% of loan default risks;
- Up to 70% risk share for young enterprises1;
- Up to 70% risk share for projects located in challenged markets2.
Borrower Group consists of the following:
- Borrower; and
- Corporate shareholders that holds more than 50% of total shareholding of the applicant company, and any subsequent corporate parents (all levels up), and subsidiaries (all levels down).
Repayment Period: Up to 15 years
Interest Rate: Subject to PFIs' assessments of risks involved
1. Young enterprises refer to firms formed within the past 5 years with at least 1 employee, and more than 50% equity owned by individuals.
2. Challenged markets refer to countries with Standard & Poor’s (S&P) ratings of below BB+ and below, including non-rated countries.
Interested enterprises may approach any of the following Participating Financial Institutions to apply for the loan with the required supporting documents (subject to banks’ credit approval).
List of Participating Financial Institutions can be found here.