30 April 2013 - Eighteen government services received awards today at the inaugural e-Government Excellence Awards ceremony (GEA) for excelling in e-Government services.
Singapore, 30 April 2013 | For Immediate Release
Eighteen government services received awards today at the inaugural e-Government Excellence Awards ceremony (GEA) for excelling in e-Government services. Jointly organised by the Ministry of Finance and Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore, the event is a whole-of-government effort to recognise agencies for excellence in e-Government and encourage improvements across all public sector agencies.
Held at the Mapletree Business City, the event was graced by guest-of-honour, Mr Peter Ong, Head Civil Service, who gave out six distinguished winner awards and 12 merit awards in six award categories: Websites, e-Services, m-Services, Data Sharing, People Engagement and Shared System & Services.
The competition saw over 90 submissions from more than 45 government agencies. The judging criteria for entries included business impact and benefits, alignment to best practices and innovativeness. Winners were selected based on public satisfaction ratings as well as evaluation by a panel of judges comprising industry representatives from the private sector.
Mr Ong said, "The Government needs to harness the ideas of the masses and seek ways to co-create and improve our public service delivery. While technology can provide the platform for this to happen, it is our collaborative approach and unceasing innovation that will allow us to recognise and capture opportunities and translate them into a higher quality of life for our people."
The winning services for each category are:
- Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources (MEWR) - MEWR Website (Distinguished)
- Housing & Development Board (HDB) - HDB InfoWEB (Merit)
- Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) - NS Portal (Merit)
- Housing & Development Board (HDB) - MyDoc@HDB (Distinguished)
- Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) - e-Appointment Booking System (Merit)
- SPRING Singapore - GeBIZ Alerts (Merit)
- Land Transport Authority (LTA) - MyTransport.SG Mobile (Distinguished)
- Housing & Development Board (HDB) - Mobile@HDB (Merit)
- People’s Association (PA) – OurCommunity (Merit)
- Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) - cyberpioneerTV & cyberpioneer Facebook (Distinguished)
- Ministry of Manpower (MOM) - SNAP@MOM (Merit)
- National Library Board (NLB) - Singapore Memory Project (Merit)
Shared Systems & Services:
- Building & Construction Authority (BCA) - One-Stop CORENET System (Distinguished)
- Ministry of Finance (MOF) - Alliance for Corporate Excellence (ACE) (Merit)
- Public Service Division (PSD) – Cube (Merit)
- Land Transport Authority (LTA) (Distinguished)
- National Environment Agency (NEA) (Merit)
- Singapore Land Authority (SLA) (Merit)
More details on the eGov Excellence awards, distinguished and merit award recipients and their winning projects can be found in Annex A (430.32KB).
JOINTLY ISSUED BY MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND INFOCOMM DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
- Factsheet - Alliance for Corporate Excellence (ACE) Programme (164.98KB)
- Factsheet - CORENET (392.03KB)
- Factsheet - Cube (33.84KB)
- Factsheet - CyberpioneerTV & Facebook (19.88KB)
- Factsheet - e-APPOINTMENT System (31.50KB)
- Factsheet - GeBIZ Alert (73.98KB)
- Factsheet - HDB InfoWEB (38.14KB)
- Factsheet - Co-Create Transport Solutions with LTA's Open Data (140.15KB)
- Factsheet - MEWR Revamped Website (370.00KB)
- Factsheet - MOBILE@HDB (69.58KB)
- Factsheet - MyDoc@HDB (148.42KB)
- Factsheet - National Environment Agency's Data Management And Sharing (85.98KB)
- Factsheet - National Service Portal Website (48.22KB)
- Factsheet - OneMap (31.91KB)
- Factsheet - PA'S IPhone Application, Ourcommunity (143.48KB)
- Factsheet - Singapore Memory Project (SMP) (27.42KB)
- Factsheet - SNAP@MOM (58.06KB)
- Factsheet - Be Empowered for an All New Travelling Experience (426.83KB)
About the Ministry of Finance
The Ministry of Finance (MOF) seeks to create a better Singapore through Finance. This is done by focusing on three strategic outcomes: sound public finances, growth opportunities for all, and high performance government. We aim to collaborate with industry experts to make Singapore a world-class financial and business hub. For more information, please visit our website at www.mof.gov.sg.
About the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
The Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) is committed to growing Singapore into a dynamic global Infocomm hub. IDA uses an integrated approach to developing infocommunications in Singapore. This involves nurturing a competitive telecoms market as well as a conducive business environment with programmes and schemes for both local and international companies. For more news and information, visit www.ida.gov.sg.
About the eGov Excellence Awards
First introduced in 2009, as the Web Excellence Awards (WEA), the Awards aimed to recognise good government websites and encourage the continual adoption of web standards and best practices. With the rapid advancement of infocomm technologies and increasing adoption rates of mobile devices, WEA was extended into the eGov Excellence Awards (GEA) with 6 categories - websites, e-Services, m-Services, Data Sharing, People Engagement, and Shared System & Services. More info on the Awards can be found at http://www.eGEA2013.sg.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
Malini Nathan (Ms)
Corporate & Marketing Communication
DID : +65 6211 0660
Ministry of Finance (MOF)
Bhavani N (Ms)
DID : +65 6332 7407
Asia Tech x Singapore-the regions most influential technology event
Hosted in Singapore, Asia Tech x Singapore (ATxSG), the region’s largest flagship technology event will bring together more than...
Launch of The Intelligent Sustainable Enterprise Program
SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) and Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) has launched the Intelligent Sustainable Enterprise...
Flying the Singapore flag high; most number of Made with SG features to be screened at the 76th edition of the Cannes Film Festival
Three highly acclaimed Made with SG films will have their world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in May. Singaporean director...
Media Factsheet - Allocation of 6 GHz Band in Singapore
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) will be allocating more radio frequency spectrum to facilitate advanced Wi-Fi...
Transforming Singapore's Information & Communications (I&C) Industry to Power a Global-Asia Digital Hub
The refreshed I&C ITM contains strategies to drive the growth of Singapore’s digital economy and achieve 80,000 well-paying jobs...
IMDA Partners Stellar Lifestyle and JR East to Launch Bilateral Retail Innovation Programme with Japan
Infocomm Media Development Authority, Singapore University of Technology and Design and JR East Business Development (Southeast...
Singapore appointed as Deputy Chair of the Global Cross-Border Policy Rules (CBPR) Forum’s Global Forum Assembly
Singapore has been appointed the Deputy Chair of the Global Cross Border Policy Rules (CBPR) Forum’s policy making body, the...
IMDA partners industry to conduct world’s first live electronic transferable record (ETR) cross-border trade, supported by statutory law framework.
Singapore pushes the boundaries of digitalisation for global trade as the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) partnered...
IMDA and STB Launch S$10 Million Singapore On-Screen Fund to Inspire Travel to Singapore through TV Series and Films
Joint fund aims to spotlight destination Singapore and raise local media industry capabilities through collaborations with global...