27 September 2006 - Welcome Speech By Mr Chan Yeng Kit, Chief Executive Officer, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore At the IDA Distinguished Infocomm Speaker Series - "Get IT Right: The Path to Business Innovation" By Randy Mott, Executive Vice-President & Chief Information Officer, Hewlett-Packard, The Raffles Hotel Ballroom.
Welcome Speech By Mr Chan Yeng Kit, Chief Executive Officer, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore At the IDA Distinguished Infocomm Speaker Series - "Get IT Right: The Path to Business Innovation" By Randy Mott, Executive Vice-President & Chief Information Officer, Hewlett-Packard on 27 September 2006, The Raffles Hotel Ballroom.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
1. A very good morning and welcome to the IDA Distinguished Infocomm Speaker Series, featuring Mr Randy Mott, Executive Vice-President & Chief Information Officer, Hewlett-Packard.
2. On behalf of the infocomm industry in Singapore, I would like to extend a warm welcome to Randy. IDA is delighted that Randy is able to share his insights with our Singapore audience.
3. HP has been a good and longtime friend of Singapore. Since beginning its operations here in 1970, HP has steadily grown its business to become one of the anchor multinational corporations in the in Singapore. Today, HP employs some 6000 employees in Singapore, making it the largest IT MNC employer in the Singapore infocomm industry. Besides locating its regional headquarters for Asia-Pacific and Japan here, HP also conducts R&D activities, out of Singapore, for products that are marketed globally, such as the HP inkjet printers that we are familiar with.
4. As a partner of IDA's Infocomm Local Industry Upgrading Programme (iLIUP), HP has been active in helping our local infocomm companies and professionals create value and develop new capabilities. HP is also a member of IDA's International Infocomm Advisory Panel, which provides feedback and new ideas to grow Singapore as an infocomm hub for the region.
5. Randy will be sharing later his unique insights on how you can design and execute an IT strategy to compete in a fast-changing global landscape. Singapore shares Randy's views on the importance of innovation to deliver strategic and competitive advantage for businesses.
6. As the lead agency for the growth of Singapore's infocomm industry, IDA looks forward to continued close collaboration with our infocomm industry partners, such as HP, to achieve our common vision of using infocomm technologies to enable businesses, and more importantly, transform our key economic clusters.
7. On this note, Ladies and Gentlemen, it now gives me great pleasure to welcome Mr Randy Mott!