21 January 2009 - Welcome Address By RADM(NS) Ronnie Tay, Chief Executive Officer, Infocomm Development Authority Of Singapore, at the IDA infocomm LIVE! Speaker Series, "Seven Keys to Being a Successful Serial Entreprenuer" by Dan Lejerskar, Serial Entreprenuer, Co-Founder, Chairman and Executive Vice-President of EON Reality Inc., at DXO
Welcome Address By RADM(NS) Ronnie Tay, Chief Executive Officer, Infocomm Development Authority Of Singapore, at the IDA infocomm LIVE! Speaker Series, "Seven Keys to Being a Successful Serial Entreprenuer" by Dan Lejerskar, Serial Entreprenuer, Co-Founder, Chairman and Executive Vice-President of EON Reality Inc., at DXO, on 21 January 2009
1. A very good evening and welcome to IDA's Infocomm LIVE! Speaker Series. For those of you who are not familiar with the Infocomm LIVE! series, this is a platform for next generation infocomm companies and thought-leaders, both local and foreign, to share their insights and experiences on developments in areas such as innovation, entrepreneurship and emerging infocomm trends and technologies like Web 2.0. In fact, this is the second event, since we started only last year.
About Dan Lejerskar and EON Reality Inc.
2. We are very please to have with us today, Mr Dan Lejerskar, Co-Founder, Chairman and Executive Vice President of EON Reality Inc.
3. EON Reality is one of the world's leading interactive three-dimensional (3D) visual content management and virtual reality software providers, offering their innovative software tools and applications to many industries including the aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare and education.
4. In August 2007, EON Reality set up its Asia-Pacific headquarters in Singapore. The EON Experience Lab, a R&D centre with a modern 3D and holographic display environment will also be opened in the near future. Housed in Fusionopolis, the centre will provide new media companies with access to new tools that will enhance online sales, marketing, education and collaboration efficiency. The EON Experience platform will take current online virtual worlds to the next dimension through photo-realism, multi-user support, user-generated content capability and 3D streaming.
5. EON Reality has chosen Singapore to be the strategic location for expansion in this region and recognises that the local infocomm companies are key partners for their expansion and technology proliferation.
6. As a serial entrepreneur with more than 19 years of experience in virtual reality and simulation, Dan has also co-founded several successful companies, including RealityBUY Inc, an e-commerce company focused on interactive 3D and most recently, GreenWave Reality. GreenWave Reality focuses on innovative and intuitive home energy management solutions for home owners.
Building a Vibrant Start-up Community in Singapore
7. A vibrant infocomm eco-system is crucial to driving growth and competition. In these times of uncertainty, it is even more pertinent to create a dynamic environment where start-ups can be nurtured.
8. Successful start-ups will value-add to the infocomm eco-system, transitioning to small-medium sized enterprises that in turn bring about job creation. The dynamism of a start-up environment also means that a pool of serial entrepreneurs, along with new, innovative products, services and applications will be created.
9. IDA has partnered SPRING Singapore in the Technology Enterprise Commercialisation Scheme, TECS to provide support for start-ups in their creation and development of innovative solutions. Innovation is a key differentiator for infocomm start-ups to succeed in a competitive and globalised market.
10. I would like to take this opportunity to encourage young infocomm professionals and entrepreneurs to leverage on the TECS initiative to convert your innovative ideas into promising businesses. And perhaps you may find inspiration from Dan, as he is more than experienced to share with us on this topic of entrepreneurship.
11. Ladies and Gentlemen, on this note, please join me in welcoming Mr Dan Lejerskar to stage.