Last updated: 16 March 2023
Published on: 13 January 2023
2 MINS READ
- The Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement (KSDPA) will enter into force on 14 January 2023.
- The KSDPA was signed by Second Minister for Trade and Industry Dr Tan See Leng and the Republic of Korea (ROK) Minister for Trade Dukgeun Ahn in Singapore on 21 November 2022. Singapore and the ROK have since completed all necessary legal procedures for the agreement’s entry into force.
- The KSDPA’s expeditious entry into force is reflective of Singapore and ROK’s commitment towards integrating both countries’ digital ecosystems to unlock new growth opportunities for businesses. With the KSDPA, both countries will work together to establish a seamless digital trading environment and facilitate greater collaboration in the digital economy between businesses from both sides.
- Singapore and the ROK have also signed three Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) to implement the Korea-Singapore Digital Economy Dialogue, facilitate the electronic exchange of data, and enhance cooperation in artificial intelligence. These MOUs are part of ongoing bilateral efforts to develop cooperative projects to implement the KSDPA.
- Annex A: Key Features of the Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement (111.85KB)
- Annex B: Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement Infographic (289.57KB)
- Annex C: Quotes from companies on the Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement (182.20KB)
JOINTLY ISSUED BY THE MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY, MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION, AND THE INFOCOMM MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
About Infocomm Media Development Authority
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) leads Singapore’s digital transformation by developing a vibrant digital economy and an inclusive digital society. As Architects of Singapore’s Digital Future, we foster growth in Infocomm Technology and Media sectors in concert with progressive regulations, harnessing frontier technologies, and developing local talent and digital infrastructure ecosystems to establish Singapore as a digital metropolis.
For media queries, please contact:
Senior Assistant Director
Communications and Engagement Division, Ministry of Trade and Industry
Communications and Engagement Division, Ministry of Communications and Information
Lee Wai Leng
Communications and Marketing, Infocomm Media Development Authority
IMDA and United States Federal Communications commission signed MOU to promote bilateral cooperation
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) of Singapore and the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have...
Nominations for 3rd edition of 100 Women in Tech list now open
Public invited to nominate women who are making an impact on Singapore’s tech industry “Girls in Tech” category returns for female...
Singapore and the European Free Trade Association launch negotiations on Digital Economy Agreement
Singapore and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) have launched negotiations on an EFTA-Singapore Digital Economy Agreement...
Singapore and the European Union Sign Digital Partnership
Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations S Iswaran and European Commissioner for Internal Market Thierry Breton signed the...
Singapore firms can now tap on Temus-IMDA's talent conversion programme to fill tech roles
Singapore’s Minister for Communications and Information Mrs Josephine Teo officiated the launch of Temus’ Step IT Up programme...
Enhanced measures against scam SMS
As part of the measures announced by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in October last year, all organisations that...
IMDA and ACMA signed Memorandum of Understanding for enhanced cooperation to combat scam and spam communications
Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) signed Memorandum of...
The Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement Enters into force
The Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement (KSDPA) will enter into force on 14 January 2023. The KSDPA was signed by Second...
IMDA announces a $5 million fund to support Singapore’s media industry to adopt virtual production
To ensure that the local media industry remains competitive as the international partner of choice to create premium IP, the...
20 Industry Digital Plans, which have contributed to the uplifting of more than 85,000 businesses, will be progressively refreshed, with the Food Services Sector being the first to benefit from the refreshed model
The refreshed Food Services Industry Digital Plan will include a refreshed Digital Solution Roadmap, introduction of a roadmap...