About The Media Enterprise Programme (MEP)
Who can apply?
Applicants should have a track record in showrunning projects and produced media content in the last three years that has been publicly screened, including at least one long-form project. Applicant should also demonstrate ability to (i) co-finance the development process; and (ii) own IP.
 On platforms such as broadcast, film festivals, theatrical release, curated online platforms etc.
What IMDA supports
IMDA is looking to support projects in early to mid-development stage. The grant will support the development of the following:
- Episodic series: at least 5 episodes, with each episode runtime of at least 30 minutes.
- Feature film: runtime of at least 70 minutes
Content may be scripted or unscripted. Short-form content will not be eligible for support.
IMDA will provide a grant of up to $100,000 for the development phase for Episodic Series, and up to $50,000 for Feature Films, and up to $500,000 per Applicant. Eligible expenses include, but not limited to:
- Option fees for literary material
- Writer and producer fees
- Research expenses
- Script consulting and editing fees
- Pitching material (which may include trailer, mood board)
The grant does not support expenses such as content production, general overheads or subsistence, legal fees or costs of preparing agreements and costs incurred prior to grant approval.
How to apply?
- Read the programme guidelines (261.10KB) carefully and prepare the proposal according to the requirements in the FormSG.
- Submit your complete proposal (including all required documents) via FormSG through this link from 10 April to 12 May 2023. Please note that IMDA reservesthe right to not accept any submission that is late or deemed incomplete.
- Proposals selected for funding will be notified via email in June/July 2023.