SINGAPORE DIGITAL (SG:D) SCHOLARSHIP (POLYTECHNIC)
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 HAVE COMMENCED AND WILL CLOSE ON 3 MARCH 2019. APPLY HERE
The Singapore Digital (SG:D) Scholarship, announced by Minister of Communications and Information on 25 September 2018, consolidates the various industry scholarships that are offered by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), i.e. Infocomm Polytechnic Scholarship (iPoly) is now subsumed under the SG:D Scholarship (Polytechnic). The terms and conditions of the scholarship have been enhanced to groom aspiring Infocomm Media (ICM) talent to be industry-ready for an exciting career in a fast-evolving digital economy.
The bond-free SG:D Scholarship (Polytechnic) seeks to develop and better equip O-level achievers intent on pursuing ICM diploma courses.
If you have a passion for ICM and want to take an active role in influencing how technology and/or storytelling can help shape lives, you are invited to explore the multitude of opportunities abound in fields such as digital and interactive media, film & TV, games development, cybersecurity, mobile technology, artificial intelligence, the internet of things and many more.
SG:D Scholarship also support ICM-related studies at the following levels:
For enquiries, please write in to email@example.com
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen;
- Possess good ‘O’ level results;
- Have an excellent Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) record;
- Demonstrate strong interest in ICM; and
- Matriculate into an approved ICM-related course* offered at any of the five local polytechnics.
You may download the list of Eligible Polytechnic Courses here
Scholarship recipients are required to fulfil the following requirements during your course of studies for the bond-free scholarship:
- To graduate with a GPA of 3.5
- Complete at least one course/certification*; and
- To gain overseas exposure in at least one of the following:
- Complete an overseas internship;
- Complete an overseas competition; OR
- Complete a study trip or a student exchange programme.
*as approved by IMDA
Successful applicants will be given support for:
- Full tuition fees and compulsory polytechnic fees;
- One-time laptop allowance;
- Course* and Certification* sponsorship support;
- Overseas Competitions, Study trips, Student Exchanges; and
- Overseas Internships, covering
- Travel related expenses, i.e. economy class airfare, visa application fees, travel and medical insurance (where mandatory); and
- Cost of living allowances (COLA).
*as approved by IMDA