SINGAPORE DIGITAL (SG:D) SCHOLARSHIP (POSTGRADUATE)
The applications for SG:D Scholarship (Postgraduate) 2019 is now closed. Applications will open in January annually.
The Singapore Digital (SG:D) Scholarship, announced by Minister of Communications and Information on 25 September 2018, consolidates the various industry scholarships that are offered by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).
The SG:D Scholarship (Postgraduate) is an industry scholarship that empowers students pursuing Infocomm Media (ICM) related studies at the Masters or PhD level. Students pursuing postgraduate studies in specialised ICM areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Immersive Media, and Digital Content Creation can chart your future with this scholarship.
Note: The former MES, MES (Film) postgraduate tracks and National Cybersecurity Postgraduate Scholarship (NCPS) will be subsumed under the SG:D Scholarship (Postgraduate)
If you have a passion for ICM and want to take an active role in influencing how technology and/or storytelling can help shape lives, you are invited to explore the multitude of opportunities abound in fields such as digital and interactive media, film & TV, games development, cybersecurity, mobile technology, artificial intelligence, the internet of things and many more.
SG:D Scholarship also support ICM-related studies at the following levels:
For enquiries, please write in to email@example.com
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen
- Male applicants must have completed National Service
- Work experience, community involvement, awards, and participation in competitions, etc. will enhance your application
- Possess a strong interest in a career in the ICM industry
- For Masters studies:
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in an ICM-related Masters programme in a local autonomous university or approved institution, or enrolled full-time in a renowned overseas university; or
- Be a current postgraduate in an ICM-related Masters programme, with a minimum of one academic year of study remaining from the point of award.
- For PhD studies:
- Be enrolled full-time in an ICM-related PhD programme in a local autonomous university or approved institutions, or enrolled full-time in a renowned overseas university; or
- Be a current postgraduate in an ICM-related PhD programme, with minimally one academic year of study remaining from the point of award.
The SG:D Scholarship (Postgraduate) offers shorter bonds as follows:
For Masters studies:
- 3 years for Full Overseas Scholarship
- 2 years for Full Local Scholarship or Mid-Term Overseas Scholarship
- 1 year for Mid-Term Local Scholarship
- Bond-free for Part-time Local or Mid-Term Part-time Local Scholarship
For PhD studies:
- Bond-free for Local Scholarship (including full- or mid-term)
- 5 years for Full Overseas Scholarship
- 3 – 4 years for Mid-term Overseas Scholarship
Successful applicants will be given support for:
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees
- Annual living allowance and/or stipend*
- Thesis allowance
- Medical insurance, visa fees, etc. where mandatory
- Funding support for courses and certifications beyond school curriculum
- Support for overseas experiences* including overseas internships, student exchange programmes and competitions
- For PhD studies: Conference allowances, travel allowances and book allowances
*Living allowance is only applicable for Local PhD, Overseas Masters and Overseas PhD studies. Stipend is only applicable for Local Masters and PhD, and Overseas PhD.