EntrePass is a work pass scheme under Startup SG Talent for promising entrepreneurs keen to start businesses in Singapore. The scheme has been enhanced to facilitate the entry and stay of global entrepreneurial talent who can complement our local skillsets and contribute to a more vibrant high tech startup ecosystem. The enhanced EntrePass scheme will take effect on 3 August 2017.
Partner agencies are appointed to assess and support EntrePass applicants who meet the criteria. InfoComm Media Development Authority (IMDA) is one of the partner agencies for the EntrePass scheme, along with SPRING Singapore and SGInnovate.
In addition to the basic criteria, applicants need to meet a set of qualifying criteria specific to each partner agency respectively.
To apply, interested applicant should:
- Have (or intend to start) a private limited company registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date of application.
- If the company has not been registered, this can be done after the outcome of the application is known.
- Meet any of the following minimum qualifying criteria for application as an Entrepreneur, Innovator and/or Investor.
IMDA will be evaluating EntrePass applications based on the criteria shown below:
|Entrepreneur / Innovator|
- Accepted into an incubator or accelerator or government supported programme (e.g. Accreditation@IMDA)
- Demonstrated differentiated business plans and market analysis
- Develops and commercialises an innovative enterprise ICM product with demonstrated unique value proposition
- Addressable market and competitive advantages to the market
- Scalability of business
- Possesses scalability with global growth potential
- Strong financial projections
- Entrepreneurial/Management team assessment
- Extraordinary achievements in key areas of expertise
- Good track record of starting and growing successful businesses
- Commit to register the company in Singapore and to contribute to substantial level of high value-added activities locally (e.g. relocating its key management team to Singapore, building R&D team, HQ or RHQ with revenues booked locally)
For detailed requirements on each of the qualifying criteria, visit MOM’s EntrePass webpage.
For more information on SGInnovate’s EntrePass qualifying criteria and programmes, visit SGInnovate’s EntrePass website.
For more information on SPRING’s EntrePass qualifying criteria and programmes, visit SPRING’s EntrePass website.
How to Apply
Visit MOM’s EntrePass website (www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/entrepass).