Make a difference to Singapore’s 5G ecosystem with your 5G-enabled solution today!
Submission of applications for grant open from 20 January 2021
If you are a Singapore registered company or part of partnership consortium with an impactful 5G-enabled solution looking to go commercial, this is your chance!
All proposals should:
- indicate a significant value and impact to enterprises and industry.
- include the operationalisation plan, commercialisation plan and business model of the 5G-enabled solutions.
IMDA will support up to 70% of qualifying costs for approved projects.
The Programme is open for applications from 20 January 2021.
To strengthen Singapore’s competitiveness enabled by a robust and advanced connectivity backbone, IMDA’s 5G Innovation Programme will be supporting and encouraging enterprises and industries to adopt and implement new 5G applications in live operating environment.
The programme will also be supporting solution providers and technology developers commercialising 5G solutions, by making the benefits of 5G more accessible to companies, focusing on:
- Domain areas (ie. Robotics & IoT, AI & Data, AR/VR)
- Commercialisation and deployment of 5G solutions.
Who can apply?
The applications must be made by Singapore-registered companies. Interested parties may also form partnership consortiums to participate in the grant.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can submit the completed proposal template to 5GSG@imda.gov.sg with the email subject header “5G Innovation <Tech Domain> - <Company/Consortium Name>”.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the requirements to be eligible for the programme?
Singapore-registered enterprises who are interested to deploy or adopt new 5G solutions to harness the potential of 5G technology may apply for the grant.
2. Do foreign companies qualify for the funding?
Only Singapore-registered entities may apply for the grant. Non-Singapore registered companies may partner with Singapore companies to form consortiums to participate in the grant.
3. What if the application is not related to the following tech domains? i.e. Robotics & IoT, AI & Data, AR/VR
Priority will be given to the identified focused tech domain areas. Other domains will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
4. What is defined as commercialisation?
Defining Commercial Deployment - For End-user enterprises, solution should be deployed in live environment, where scale of deployment would be as per defined by Applicant at application stage. For Solutions Providers, solutions should be deployed at first customer’s operations.
5. What if the project did not achieve commercialisation?
Projects not realising commercialisation may be subjected to partial reimbursement, assessed on a case-by-case basis.
6. Is there a deadline to submit proposal?
This is an open grant and enterprises may submit proposals whenever they are ready. However, proposals will be evaluated on a first-come-first-serve basis, and may be subject to availability of programme funding.
7. Will IMDA be allocating 5G trial spectrum for the project/trial?
There will not be any trial spectrum allocated. The projects are to focus on commercial deployment of the 5G solutions and hence should be tapping on the commercial network rolled out by the Mobile Network Operators.
For further enquiries, please drop an email to 5GSG@imda.gov.sg