Close of Public Consultation on Proposed Regulatory Options to Facilitate the Adoption of Internet Parental Controls
14 July 2015
MDA has issued the Closing Note to the Public Consultation on Proposed Regulatory Options to Facilitate the Adoption of Internet Parental Controls.
MDA would like to thank all respondents for their submissions and feedback.
Please refer to the links below for the relevant materials:
1. Closing Note to Public Consultation on Proposed Regulatory Options to Facilitate the Adoption of Internet Parental Controls (165.04KB)
2. Annex B - Submissions Received and Focus Group Findings
- Children-At-Risk Empowerment Association (251.42KB)
- Focus on the Family (326.56KB)
- M1 Limited (242.40KB)
- McAfee (Singapore) Pte Ltd (73.35KB)
- Media Literacy Council (299.67KB)
- Netsweeper Inc (1.47MB)
- Nominum Inc (68.89KB)
- Singtel Pte Ltd (274.43KB)
- StarHub Cable Vision Ltd (632.50KB)
- Symantec Singapore Pte Ltd (362.71KB)
- Wonderfully Made (919.55KB)
- Individual respondents (Part1) (64.24KB)
- Individual respondents (Part2) (581.59KB)
Focus Group Findings
Extension of Consultation Process
6 May 2014
In consideration of requests for more time to provide feedback to the “Public Consultation on Regulatory Options to Facilitate the Adoption of Internet Parental Controls”, MDA has extended the consultation until 16 May 2014, 12 noon, Singapore time, one week after the original deadline of 9 May 2014.
The mode of submission for comments on our proposals remains the same. MDA looks forward to receiving your comments.
21 April 2014
MDA is conducting a public consultation on the regulatory options to better facilitate the adoption of Internet parental controls by parents for the protection of children. The proposals aim to increase awareness on the availability of the parental controls, and simplifying the subscription process to such controls, should parents be interested to subscribe to them.
A copy of the public consultation paper is available here (113.25KB).
MDA hereby invites interested parties to submit written comments on our proposals.
All views and comments should be submitted in writing to MDA by 5pm, 9 May 2014 and addressed to:
Ms Lee Ee Jia
Media Development Authority of Singapore
(Attention: Ms Alicia Chay)
MDA is also organising focus groups for members of the public who may prefer to share their comments in person. In particular, we would encourage parents with children aged 16 and below to participate and share your views with us. Please register your interest, together with your full name, contact number(s) and email address (where available) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms Helen Tan at 9726 3053, latest by 5pm, 30 April 2014 (Wednesday). Interested participants are encouraged to register early due to capacity limitations.