Who is this for?
Satellite television service broadcasters that intend to:
- uplink their services from Singapore via uplink facility providers should first obtain the Subscription International Television Service Licence; and/or
- operate their own satellite uplink facilities would also need to apply for a licence to provide and operate a satellite uplink and downlink service for broadcasting purposes. Please refer to the Guidelines to Application of Satellite Uplink/Downlink Licence for Broadcasting Purposes for more information.
Licence Period and Fees
- Licence Period: 5 years.
- Licence Fees: S$5,000 per annum. Upon approval, the applicant will need to make the first licence fee payment to IMDA before the licence is issued.
- Performance Bond: Upon approval, $50,000 in the form of a banker’s guarantee to IMDA is required from applicants not based in Singapore to be successfully lodged before the licence is issued. The banker’s guarantee must be issued by any of the financial institutions listed at https://eservices.mas.gov.sg/fid.
How to apply?
Click here to apply online via GoBusiness Licensing.
Please take note of the guidelines and requirements:
- Guidelines for Satellite Broadcasters Uplinking from Singapore (122.13KB);
- Prepare and provide all required and relevant supporting documents in your online application, including:
- Brief background about the company, including its equity and management profile;
- Brief business plan, including intended operations in Singapore and targeted launch date of service;
- The applicant’s programming and advertising codes;
- URL(s)/Sample reel(s) of the programmes and programme schedules. The reel(s) should be two to three hours in length, with 15-minute excerpts of the different programmes available on the channel(s) e.g. movies, news, current affairs, talk shows, game shows, children’s variety and dramas.
Please call 1800 478 5478 or email us.
IMDA and United States Federal Communications commission signed MOU to promote bilateral cooperation
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) of Singapore and the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have...
Nominations for 3rd edition of 100 Women in Tech list now open
Public invited to nominate women who are making an impact on Singapore’s tech industry “Girls in Tech” category returns for female...
Singapore and the European Free Trade Association launch negotiations on Digital Economy Agreement
Singapore and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) have launched negotiations on an EFTA-Singapore Digital Economy Agreement...
Singapore and the European Union Sign Digital Partnership
Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations S Iswaran and European Commissioner for Internal Market Thierry Breton signed the...
Singapore firms can now tap on Temus-IMDA's talent conversion programme to fill tech roles
Singapore’s Minister for Communications and Information Mrs Josephine Teo officiated the launch of Temus’ Step IT Up programme...
Enhanced measures against scam SMS
As part of the measures announced by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in October last year, all organisations that...
IMDA and ACMA signed Memorandum of Understanding for enhanced cooperation to combat scam and spam communications
Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) signed Memorandum of...
The Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement Enters into force
The Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement (KSDPA) will enter into force on 14 January 2023. The KSDPA was signed by Second...
IMDA announces a $5 million fund to support Singapore’s media industry to adopt virtual production
To ensure that the local media industry remains competitive as the international partner of choice to create premium IP, the...
20 Industry Digital Plans, which have contributed to the uplifting of more than 85,000 businesses, will be progressively refreshed, with the Food Services Sector being the first to benefit from the refreshed model
The refreshed Food Services Industry Digital Plan will include a refreshed Digital Solution Roadmap, introduction of a roadmap...