The Television Receive-Only (TVRO) System Licence allows the licensee to install, operate or possess a TVRO satellite system on the licensee’s business operating premise in Singapore, enabling the licensee to receive information in the form of satellite TV channels from terrestrial satellites. There are 3 types of TVRO system licences:
- Type A: View only
- Type B: View and Record
- Type C: View, Record and Distribute
Who is this for?
Applicants of the TVRO System Licence must demonstrate the need to access time-sensitive information for business or operational purposes, and should belong to one of the following categories:
- Financial institutions endorsed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Commercial institutions endorsed by the Economic Development Board (EDB) or Enterprise Singapore
- Media institutions (including cinemas) endorsed by the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI)
- Foreign embassies endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- Statutory boards;
- Gazetted hotels endorsed by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
- Foreign tertiary education institutions and international schools endorsed by the Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Local tertiary education institutions registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE)
- Medical institutions registered with the Ministry of Health (MOH)
(“institution" means any body of persons, corporate or unincorporate, and includes any undertaking).
Licence Period and Fees
- Licence Period: 1 year
- Licence Fees:
- S$1,000 per satellite dish per annum.
- S$100 per satellite dish for a temporary TVRO licence (for a period of up to 30 days).
How to apply?
Click here to apply online via GoBusiness Licensing.
Please take note of the guidelines and requirements:
- Read through:
- Prepare and provide all required and relevant supporting documents in your online application, including:
Please call 1800 478 5478 or email us.
IMDA and United States Federal Communications commission signed MOU to promote bilateral cooperation
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) of Singapore and the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have...
Nominations for 3rd edition of 100 Women in Tech list now open
Public invited to nominate women who are making an impact on Singapore’s tech industry “Girls in Tech” category returns for female...
Singapore and the European Free Trade Association launch negotiations on Digital Economy Agreement
Singapore and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) have launched negotiations on an EFTA-Singapore Digital Economy Agreement...
Singapore and the European Union Sign Digital Partnership
Minister-in-charge of Trade Relations S Iswaran and European Commissioner for Internal Market Thierry Breton signed the...
Singapore firms can now tap on Temus-IMDA's talent conversion programme to fill tech roles
Singapore’s Minister for Communications and Information Mrs Josephine Teo officiated the launch of Temus’ Step IT Up programme...
Enhanced measures against scam SMS
As part of the measures announced by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in October last year, all organisations that...
IMDA and ACMA signed Memorandum of Understanding for enhanced cooperation to combat scam and spam communications
Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) signed Memorandum of...
The Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement Enters into force
The Korea-Singapore Digital Partnership Agreement (KSDPA) will enter into force on 14 January 2023. The KSDPA was signed by Second...
IMDA announces a $5 million fund to support Singapore’s media industry to adopt virtual production
To ensure that the local media industry remains competitive as the international partner of choice to create premium IP, the...
20 Industry Digital Plans, which have contributed to the uplifting of more than 85,000 businesses, will be progressively refreshed, with the Food Services Sector being the first to benefit from the refreshed model
The refreshed Food Services Industry Digital Plan will include a refreshed Digital Solution Roadmap, introduction of a roadmap...