7 June 2005 - Remarks By Mr Chan Yeng Kit, Chief Executive Officer, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore At imbX Press Conference, IDA Multi Purpose Hall, Suntec Tower Three.
Remarks By Mr Chan Yeng Kit, Chief Executive Officer, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore At imbX Press Conference on 7 June 2005, IDA Multi Purpose Hall, Suntec Tower Three.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Members of the Media,
1. In line with the confluence of industries at imbX, key government officials and thought leaders of the infocomm industry in the region will gather in Singapore for a week of exciting ICT, media and broadcasting activities.
2. The Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore is honoured to host the inaugural imbX Ministerial Forum for ICT, which will see a gathering of 11 ministers and senior officials in Singapore from 13 to 14 June during the imbX week. Hosted by Dr Lee Boon Yang, Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts, the Forum will provide a platform for ICT ministers from the region, to discuss key technology trends with impact on socio-economic developments, and new emerging technologies like VoIP (or Voice over Internet Protocol) that may transform the ways people communicate.
3. Additionally, Singapore will be hosting the 5th Asia-Pacific Forum on Telecoms Policy and Regulation from 15 to 17 June. We believe that staging both Forums during imbX provides an excellent opportunity for the participants to interact with industry leaders, and visit the exhibitions to get updates on latest technology trends.
4. This year's imbX will witness the first Digital Exchange (DX) Day. DX Day promises to engage visitors with the latest in digital media and distribution. It will provide a meeting of minds for thought leaders keen to tap on Singapore as the global distribution hub and trading centre - what we call a Digital Exchange - for the processing, management and distribution of digital assets. We believe DX Day will also provide an opportunity for Singapore and her ICT companies to showcase their offerings.
5. I hope all of you will spend some time during imbX to visit the exhibits and speak to the companies and officials. If there is anything IDA, SiTF or SES can do to help facilitate your reporting, do let us know.
6. Thank you.