18 November 2006 - Speech By Mr Lam Chuan Leong, Chairman, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore At the Official Opening of Singapore Solutions Centre, Hangzhou East Software Park, Hangzhou.
Speech By Mr Lam Chuan Leong, Chairman, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore At the Official Opening of Singapore Solutions Centre on 18 November 2006, Hangzhou East Software Park, Hangzhou.
Minister Raymond Lim,
Vice Mayor, Mr Jin Sheng Shan,
Singapore Consul-General, Mr Chan Heng Weng,
Dy Director General, Mr Zen Hao Ming,
Dy Director General, Mr Fu Duo Er,
President, Mr Song Xiao Chun,
SITF Chairman, Mr Pek Yew Chai,
Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen,
1. It gives me great pleasure to be here today at the launch of the Singapore Solutions Centre. This Centre is jointly set up by the Singapore infocomm Technology Federation (SiTF) and the Hangzhou East Software Park (HESP).
2. Two years ago, our Minister of Communications, Information and the Arts, Dr Lee Boon Yang, visited Hangzhou with a delegation from SiTF. One key initiative that followed was the Student exchange programme. This was launched by the Hangzhou East Software Park and the Singapore company, NetAssist. This initiative aims to bring talents from Hangzhou to Singapore for training and attachment in Singapore IT companies. To date, many students from Hangzhou have gone through the programme. We hope to have more such exchanges to come.
Singapore Solutions Centre in Hangzhou
3. During that visit too, the idea was mooted by SiTF and Hangzhou East Software Park to have a Singapore Solutions Centre in Hangzhou. This initiative has since been supported by the Singapore Infocomm Development Authority. The SSC is intended to bring about greater co-operation and mutual benefit for the Chinese and Singapore IT companies operating here. After a lot of hard work and strong support from the Hangzhou East Software Park and SiTF, it is indeed a pleasure to realise this idea with the official launch of the Hangzhou SSC today.
4. The SSC in Hangzhou will serve as a one-stop business exchange platform between infocomm companies in Singapore and those from the Zhejiang province. Singapore infocomm companies and Zhejiang businesses that are keen to seek partnership opportunities and business collaborations can look to the SSC to assist them.
5. Singapore infocomm companies can complement and add-value to the businesses in China, specifically in Hangzhou, which is home to many great entrepreneurs. Companies brought together by HESP and SITF can co-operate to offer new, innovative and quality services and products for the Chinese market and beyond.
6. Today's launch marks the start of the Singapore Solutions Centre in Hangzhou and many new partnerships to come. In the words of Henry Ford (an American Industrialist) "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success". In conclusion, therefore, may I congratulate SiTF and HESP on a successful partnership and wish the Singapore Solutions Centre many successes as a centre of exchange between Singapore and Zhejiang businesses.
7. Thank you.