IMDA enjoys close bilateral relations and partnerships with many countries around the world. IMDA also participates actively in international discussions on infocomm media (ICM) issues to shape and build an innovative and sustainable ICM environment.
Bilateral and multilateral relations
Some of the international organisations that IMDA participates in include the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and its associated sectoral bodies, such as:
- ASEAN Digital Seniors Officials Meeting (ADGSOM)
- ASEAN Digital Ministers Meeting (ADGMIN)
- ASEAN Senior Officials Meeting Responsible for Information (SOMRI)
- ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information (AMRI)
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Universal Postal Union (UPU)
IMDA’s China office was set up in 2002 to support bilateral ICM collaborations between China and Singapore as well as to provide in-sights to Singapore infocomm media companies which plan to expand into the China market. IMDA also participates in government-to-government initiatives such as the China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park, Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City and the China-Singapore (Chongqing) Demonstrative Initiative on Strategic Connectivity.