The SG Digital Scholarship. For those who choose different.
Unlike a typical government scholarship, we’ll give you the freedom to forge your own tech- or media-related career path in a company of your choice*. Applications open until 16 April 2023.Apply now
About The SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate)
The SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) is an industry scholarship that empowers students interested in pursuing a tech or media career at the undergraduate level with a wealth of opportunities. Scholarship recipients have the flexibility to chart their own career with the industry by serving their bond in a tech or media-related job role in the organisation of choice*, ranging from Startups to SMEs to MNCs, in any industry from healthcare to finance to media.
Applicants for the SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen;
- Good Co-Curricular Activity record;
- Possess a strong interest in a career in the tech or media industry; and
- Commence undergraduate studies within one year of award (i.e. by Academic Year 2023 for 2022 awardees).
- For full scholarship - A/IB/IP Level or Polytechnic diploma holder pursuing a tech or media-related degree at a local or overseas university.
- For mid-term scholarship - existing undergraduate student pursuing a tech or media-related degree at a local or overseas university with minimally one academic year of study remaining from point of award.
- Part-time, online or distance learning courses are not eligible.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) studies including Computer Science / Business and IT / Computational Biology / Financial Informatics / Information Security / Analytics / Applied Sciences etc.
- Media-related courses in Animation / Broadcast / Film / Games / Interactive Media / Publishing (including Content Creation related courses)
SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) recipients would be required to fulfil the following obligations:
- Achieve at least a second upper honours or equivalent for your undergraduate course;
- Complete at least one course or attain one certification beyond that of the undergraduate course curriculum;
- Participate in at least one overseas programme (e.g. internship, student exchange programme, competition);
- Complete a mandatory internship each with IMDA and a private company; and
- Serve a bond in any tech or media-related job role in an organisation of their choice* after graduation
The bond commitment will be as follows:
- 3 years for Full Local Scholarship;
- 4 years for the Fast Track Bachelors-Masters Scholarship;
- Between 2 to 5 years for Overseas Scholarship (depending on the duration of the sponsorship); or
- Between 1 to 3 years for Mid-Term Local Scholarship (depending on the duration of sponsorship)
Successful applicants will be given support for:
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees
- Annual living allowance and pre-studies allowance
- Medical insurance and visa fees, etc. where mandatory
- Funding support for courses and certifications beyond school curriculum
- Support for overseas experiences including overseas internships, student exchange programmes, and competitions
Apply for the SG Digital Scholarship here.
For more information, please contact us at: