About TeSA for ITE and Polytechnics (TIP) Alliance
IMDA, together with Industry players, has set up the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) for ITE and Polytechnics Alliance (“TIP Alliance”) to equip students and graduates from Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and Polytechnics with the skills to take up opportunities in tech or digital careers, and share in Singapore’s digital growth.
To enhance ITE and Polytechnic graduates’ employment outcomes and industry relevance, we encourage companies to champion skills-based hiring. Through the SkillsFuture Work-Study programme, the TIP Alliance provides students with a unique opportunity to gain real-world work experience.
This looks beyond academic qualifications and uses objective measures of competencies such as industry certifications and skills assessments for hiring of tech talent. The TIP Alliance also aims to provide first-hand advice on industry trends and skills to shape students’ skills so they can maximise their potential and achieve better career growth!
Companies that joined the TIP Alliance include Accenture, Carousell, DBS, Dell Technologies, Ensign InfoSecurity, Google, GovTech, IBM, Inspire-Tech, NCS, PSA International, Singtel, and ST Engineering.
The TIP Alliance will start a movement for upskilling and employing ITE and Polytechnics’ graduates in tech by providing a clear end-to-end pathway for students and graduates to kickstart their careers in tech jobs across various sectors.
How can you support this initiative?
- Provide high quality enhanced internships to ITE and Polytechnics’ students in ICT-related studies for a duration of at least 44 weeks/10 months
- Offer on-the-job training via apprenticeships for ITE and Polytechnics’ graduates to bridge them into good tech jobs and accelerate their professional development
- Offer opportunities for ITE and Polytechnics’ graduate employees to upgrade their skills through further education via the SkillsFuture Work-Study Programme (WSP) and industry-recognised certifications
Who can join us?
- Singapore-registered company
- Offer trainee with an ICT related job role
- Provide a mentor/supervisor to guide and train the trainee during the internship/ apprenticeship period
- Enhanced Internship - monthly stipend co-funding to cover cost of training trainee during internship
- Apprenticeship - Support for monthly stipend/salary and for local/overseas training costs
- Work-Study Upgrading – [Work-Study Diploma & Work-Study Post Diploma] receive grant to defray the costs of providing on-the-job training; [Work-Study Degree] monthly stipend co-funding to cover cost of training polytechnic upgraders during work attachments
Companies interested in recruiting tech talent from ITE and Polytechnics can contact us at TIP_Alliance_Admin@imda.gov.sg.
With TIP Alliance, ITE and Polytechnics’ students and graduates who are Singapore Citizens/ Permanent Residents (PRs) from any ICT related programme can look forward to kickstart exciting tech careers in various sectors.
Enjoy enhanced internships opportunities with leading companies - Before going into the workforce, you will go through high quality tech internships integrated with your school curriculum, to pick up industry-relevant skills and are prepared for employment.
You may also continue to receive support for industry certifications and courses and overseas attachments.
Gain access to good job opportunities via TeSA Apprenticeships - Upon graduation, you will go through a structured on-the-job training under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) programme, to bridge into good tech jobs and accelerate your professional development.
Upskilling opportunities for graduates - While working, you can continue with your education and deepen your expertise to secure higher-value tech jobs, via the SkillsFuture Work-Study Programme (WSP).
- Enhanced Internship:
- monthly stipend from your company (if applicable)
- cost of living allowance and airfare if you are selected by your company for overseas attachments during your enhanced internship
- Work-Study Upgrading:
- support for the cost of industry certifications or relevant preparatory courses while you are studying at ITE or Polytechnic
- [Work-Study Diploma & Work-Study Post Diploma] refer to SkillsFuture Singapore’s sign-on incentive
- [Work-Study Degree] support for enrolling in a relevant course, and/or monthly stipend from your company
- See relevant work-study opportunities offered by NCS' Fusion
For more information, students currently enrolled at tech related course at ITE or Polytechnic should contact your school for more information.