Please note that the last day to submit a NEU PC Plus application is 31 March 2023
The NEU PC Plus Programme offers low-income households with student or person with disabilities the opportunity to own a brand new computer at an affordable price.
In view that all secondary school students will own a Personal Learning Device (PLD) under MOE’s Digital Literacy Programme, secondary school students will no longer be eligible to apply for the NEU PC Plus programme with effect from 1 January 2022.
Household with students who need assistance for home broadband connectivity, can apply for the Home Access programme at www.digitalaccess.gov.sg.
Together with industry and community partners, IMDA has enhanced the NEU PC Plus programme to make digitalisation more accessible, to those who need it, such as low-income students who require digital access for home-based learning. The enhancements include:
- More options for households
Additional option of a subsidised second PC for families with three or more school-going children. (extended until further notice)
- More support: iNSPIRE Fund
INSPIRE Fund covers the co-payments required for PCs. Requirements for community service are waived until further notice
*Price includes 8% GST
A PC-Bundle includes:
- Your choice of computer
- Three years of free broadband subscription
- Antivirus software
- Productivity tools
- Delivery & installation
For PC and Broadband specifications and options, please click here (228.92KB).
Who can apply?
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Has a permanent disability OR is a full-time student (aged 25 and below) in a Government/Government-Aided School, Junior College, Centralised Institute, Independent School, Specialised Independent School, Specialised School, Institute of Technical Education, Polytechnic or MOE-funded Special Education School
- Gross monthly household income not exceeding $3,400 or per capita income not exceeding $900 ($1,125 if there is a permanently disabled household member)
- Full-time students (aged 25 and below) who are unable to co-pay for their PC-Bundle can apply for financial assistance under iNSPIRE Fund.
- Each eligible household can only apply for one PC-Bundle. Households with three or more school-going children can apply for a second subsidised PC.
- Students from one-to-one computing programme are qualified to apply regardless of the fact that their household are current beneficiaries, with support from school.
- Past recipients of NEU PC Plus Programme may reapply only after three years from the last deployment to the household.
How to apply?
For applicants who are interested to apply can obtain the application forms from their school, or download them below. All application forms must be submitted together with the relevant documents to the school.
To apply for PC-Bundle:
|Form for Students||Download here (260.24KB)|
|Form for MOE FAS* / SPED* Recipients||Download here (252.59KB)
|Fibre Broadband Service||Download here (4.26MB)|
*Ministry of Education Financial Assistance Scheme (MOE-FAS) is a financial assistance scheme provided by MOE to help the needy Singaporean families to reduce their burden in meeting essential school expenses and to ensure that no child will be denied an education due to financial reasons whereas Special Education Financial Assistance Scheme (SPED-FAS) is a financial assistance scheme provided by MOE, together with the National Council of Social Service for needy Singaporean students in MOE-funded SPED schools, this is to ensure that all Singaporean SPED students, regardless of their financial background, can benefit from the best opportunities in education.
|Level of subsidy||Click here (104.74KB)|
|Application Process & Partners||Click here|
Other support available
Low-income households without school-going children who wish to obtain subsidised Internet connectivity can apply for the Home Access 3.0 programme to enjoy 2 years of subsidised broadband connectivity, with an option to bundle with a tablet or smartphone. Since 1 April, the Home Access programme offers faster broadband speeds and more device options. For more details of Home Access Programme, please refer here.
For more enquiries, you may email to NEUPC@imda.gov.sg or call 6377 3800.