The SG Digital Scholarship. For those who choose different.
The application for SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) is now closed. Subscribe to our mailing list to get notified when the application opens in Q1 2024.Subscribe now
About The SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate)
The SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) is an industry scholarship that empowers students interested in pursuing a tech- or media-related studies at the undergraduate level with a wealth of opportunities. Scholarship recipients have the flexibility to chart their own career in the industry by serving their bond in a tech- or media-related job role in the organisation of choice*, ranging from start-ups to MNCs, in any industry from healthcare to finance to media.
Applicants for the SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen;
- Good Co-Curricular Activity record;
- Possess a strong interest in a career in the tech or media industry; and
- Commence undergraduate studies within one year of award (i.e. by Academic Year 2023 for 2022 awardees).
- For full scholarship - A/IB/IP Level or Polytechnic diploma holder pursuing a tech or media-related degree at a local or overseas university.
- For mid-term scholarship - existing undergraduate student pursuing a tech or media-related degree at a local or overseas university with minimally one academic year of study remaining from point of award.
- Part-time, online or distance learning courses are not eligible.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) studies including Computer Science / Business and IT / Computational Biology / Financial Informatics / Information Security / Analytics / Applied Sciences etc.
- Media-related courses in Animation / Broadcast / Film / Games / Interactive Media / Publishing (including Content Creation related courses)
SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) recipients would be required to fulfil the following obligations:
- Achieve at least a second upper honours or equivalent for your undergraduate course;
- Complete at least one course or attain one certification beyond that of the undergraduate course curriculum;
- Participate in at least one overseas programme (e.g. internship, student exchange programme, competition);
- Complete a mandatory internship each with IMDA and a private company; and
- Serve a bond in any tech or media-related job role in an organisation of their choice* after graduation
The bond commitment will be as follows:
- 3 years for Full Local Scholarship;
- 4 years for the Fast Track Bachelors-Masters Scholarship;
- Between 2 to 5 years for Overseas Scholarship (depending on the duration of the sponsorship); or
- Between 1 to 3 years for Mid-Term Local Scholarship (depending on the duration of sponsorship)
Successful applicants will be given support for:
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees
- Annual living allowance and pre-studies allowance
- Medical insurance and visa fees, etc. where mandatory
- Funding support for courses and certifications beyond school curriculum
- Support for overseas experiences including overseas internships, student exchange programmes, and competitions
For more information, please contact us at: