Annual e-Government Perception Survey on Businesses Conducted in 2011
The e-Government Perception Survey on Businesses is conducted annually by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore to determine the level of adoption and satisfaction for e-Government electronic services targeted at the business community.
The survey was conducted from March to June 2011 for the reporting period of FY2010 (i.e. 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011).
The survey aims to determine the frequency of obtaining information and/or performing transactions with the Government and the level of satisfaction with regards to the EnterpriseOne website (www.gobusiness.gov.sg) and Government e-Services.
1,620 businesses, representative of the Singapore's industry sectors were surveyed. The industries were:
- Community, Social & Personal Services,
- Financial & Business Services,
- Manufacturing, and
- Transportation, Storage & Communications.
Data collection was done through telephone interviews.
- 3 out of 5 businesses (68%) obtained information from the Government in the past 12 months.
- More than 9 out of 10 businesses (98%) that obtained information from the Government did so electronically (via the Internet, automated kiosks, email, telephone via the Interactive Voice Recognition System, SMS, etc.), at least once in the past 12 months.
- An increasing number of businesses (from 76% in FY2008 to 80% in FY2009 to 82% in FY2010) that had visited the EnterpriseOne website (www.business.gov.sg) were satisfied with the overall quality of the website.
Satisfaction with EntepriseOne website
- 9 out of 10 businesses (95%) transacted with the Government in the past 12 months.
- Among the businesses that transacted with the Government in the 12 months preceding the survey, 9 out of 10 businesses (97%) did so electronically (via the Internet, automated kiosks, email, telephone via the Interactive Voice Recognition System, SMS, etc.), either on their own or with help from intermediaries, at least once in the past 12 months.
- The number of businesses that were satisfied with
- the overall quality of Government electronic services remained consistent at 88% in FY2010 (1% decrease from 89% in FY2009)
- the overall support provided for electronic services usage is at 83% in FY2010 (2% increase from 81% in FY2009)