The objective of Social Innovation (SI) is to encourage Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs) in the social service sector to adopt IT solution which will help them extend assistance and services to their beneficiaries and to serve them better. The SI Grant will fund 10 projects up to 75% of the project cost, with a cap of $100,000 per project.
Applicant must be a VWO providing social services.
The digital innovation projects to be supported shall have the following characteristics:
- Potential for sector-wide deployment and longer-term impact;
- Experimentation or pilot of technology-based project;
- Discrete and finite;
- Directly benefit the well-being of their beneficiaries, such as:
- beneficiaries are kept safe within care facilities;
- beneficiaries’ dietary consumption improved through automated meal delivery and meal consumption pattern identification;
- beneficiaries receive timely help with fall detection device; and
- elderly benefit from mobile apps for mental and physical exercise;
- Should not support organisations’ own benefit such as internal office automation, improve organisational governance, etc; and
- Should not have received other government grants.
More details will be made available over the next few months.