Collection of Data
2. If you install this mobile application, you consent to the collection and sending of information in an anonymised form. The app collects information such as device make and model, operating system version, network provider, access technology such as 3G 4G, 5G or Wi-Fi, device location, signal strength, network performance, voice call events and connection state either while app is open or by the application periodically in the background.
3. The app DOES NOT capture personal data that allows us to identify you individually, such as numbers called, numbers calling you, message contents, app used or websites visited. The app DOES NOT access any of the photos, videos, emails or any other personal data stored on your device. Your device is uniquely referenced by a randomly generated identifier created by the app at installation and is not traceable back to you as an individual. All data collected is transmitted and stored securely.
4. Location is required to identify where in the network performance measurements occur. Location is only collected when you explicitly give permission.
Use of Data
5. Data collected by the app is used to assess the mobile network operators' performance collectively and the aggregated results are published twice every year on IMDA's website. It is also used to confirm the quality and location of network service being provided and help to understand how to improve the service.
6. By using the app you consent that IMDA may share such anonymous network information with other public agencies.
7. To safeguard the data, all electronic storage and transmission of data are secured with appropriate security technologies including HTTPS transmission.
8. Any data collected or survey reports provided cannot be traced to you and is only used to provide an anonymised view of the network experience Singapore.
9. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquires or feedback.