About Singapore’s Public Service Broadcast (PSB)
Singapore’s PSB content aims to celebrate our shared identity, and diverse culture and foster a cohesive, connected society. IMDA supports the production of a range of locally-produced PSB programmes to cater to the public’s diverse viewing interests and to promote the development of a vibrant media industry in Singapore.
Produced in the four official languages, across various platforms, the genres supported by IMDA include News & Current Affairs, Documentary, Info-Education, Drama, Arts & Culture, and Children’s.
PSB aims to foster a connected society through quality, engaging, and informative public service content with reach and impact. PSB programmes serve the following national and social interest objectives:
- Promote positive social values important to Singapore and Singaporeans
- Celebrate our culture and heritage and/or promote cross-cultural awareness
- Promote racial and religious harmony
- Promote the Singapore identity
- Stimulate knowledge and learning, including factual and educational programmes targeting children, youth and the general population;
- Foster an informed society via news, information and analysis of current affairs that increase understanding of the world.
As viewers move to consume content digitally, IMDA has been working closely with Mediacorp to extend its PSB reach through on-demand viewing and production of original online content via Mediacorp’s over-the-top (OTT) service, meWATCH.
At the same time, IMDA has embarked on new partnerships to encourage the growth of PSB content on a variety of new media platforms in Singapore. Recent partners to the expanding PSB landscape include SPH, Starhub, and Viddsee.
PSB funds and schemes
PSB performance: measurement and feedback
Please click on the links below to find out more about the performance of local PSB content: