The SG Digital Scholarship. For those who choose different.
Deepen your expertise and broaden your opportunities in the tech and media space with the SG Digital Scholarship (Postgraduate). Apply today to take your passion further. Application is now open till 31 March 2024.Apply now
About The SG Digital Scholarship (Postgraduate)
More than just about shaping your career, this is the opportunity for you to be a next-generation leader who shapes the future of our digital economy and media ecosystem. Whether locally or overseas at the Master’s or PhD-level, you can choose to further your path in tech- or media-related fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Technologies, Immersive Media, and Film Studies.
Applicants for the SG Digital Scholarship (Postgraduate) must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore citizen;
- The postgraduate programme has to be tech or media-related and offered by a local autonomous university, local arts institution or a renowned overseas university;
- A current student in a postgraduate programme with minimally one academic year of study remaining from the point of scholarship award; or
- A candidate who has yet to enrol in any postgraduate programmes and will commence his/her Master's or PhD within one year from the point of scholarship award.
The following are not eligible:
Online or distance learning courses;
Part-time Overseas Master's; and
Part-time Local/Overseas PhD programmes.
Priority will be given to non-public officers as public officers are encouraged to apply in-house schemes available in their agency. Both fresh graduates and professionals are welcome to apply.
Applicable for scholarships awarded from 2024.
SG Digital Scholarship (Postgraduate) recipients would be required to fulfil the following obligations:
- Achieve at least a second upper honours or equivalent for their postgraduate course; and
- Serve a bond in any tech or media-related job role in an organisation of their choice* after graduation
The bond commitment will be as follows:
- 3 years for All Types of Scholarships
- Bond-free for Local Scholarship (including full- or mid-term)
- 4 years for Overseas Scholarship (including full- or mid-term)
Applicable for scholarships awarded from 2024.
Successful applicants will be given support for:
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees. For mid-term candidates, tuition and other compulsory fees incurred before the award will be back paid.
- Annual living allowance (for full-time studies only)1
- Pre-studies allowance2
- Thesis allowance
- Medical insurance, visa fees, etc. where mandatory
- Funding support for courses and certifications beyond school curriculum
- Support for overseas experiences2 including overseas internships, student exchange programmes and competitions
- For PhD studies: conference allowances, travel allowances and book allowances
In preparation for your future career in Singapore’s digital economy and media ecosystem, we have curated development programmes that will be available to you to acquire critical knowledge and relevant skills.
SG Digital Leadership Accelerator
As an SG Digital Scholar, you will be part of the Singapore Digital Leadership Accelerator community of digital leaders who drive Singapore’s digital economy and media ecosystem. This community comprises leaders in different stages of their careers, who support one another in their professional and personal leadership journeys.
All SG Digital Scholars will have access to a diverse pool of mentors who are experienced tech and media professionals. This mentorship programme will help to sharpen your skills, expand your professional circle and gain valuable insights on your desired tech/media domain.
Industry engagement and networking
SG Digital Scholars will have exclusive access to curated career engagement and industry networking events offered by IMDA such as
From exclusive visits and open houses, to internship opportunities at high-growth companies, our industry partners are just as passionate in nurturing talent for the development of our SG Digital Scholars.
While serving your bond commitments, the company will provide you with a career development plan, a suitable mentor, job rotations, as well as regional exposure.
Organisations interested to hire SG Digital Scholarship recipients can email to SGD_Scholarship_PG@imda.gov.sg for further details.
* Subject to IMDA’s approval.
1 Scholars who are concurrently working full-time while pursuing their postgraduate studies will not be eligible for living allowance.
2 Support for pre-studies allowance and overseas experience are only applicable for full-time local and overseas Master’s and PhD studies.