The Smart Nation Scholarship develops and nurtures talent who have a passion for technology, and the ambition to propel our nation towards its goal of digital transformation. Offered by the Infocomm Media Development Authority, as well as the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore and Government Technology Agency, the Smart Nation Scholarship gives talented individuals the opportunity to embark on a dynamic career in technology that contributes to the public good.
We are looking for applicants who are:
- Singapore Citizens (Includes Singapore Permanent Residents who are taking up citizenship)
- GCE A-Level (or equivalent) or polytechnic diploma graduates with an outstanding co-curricular activities record
- Passionate about having a career in tech for public good
- Strong Leaders with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Keen to pursue an ICT-related degree programme. If you are currently not in an ICT-related course but interested to take up a double degree in ICT, you will also be considered
- Mid-term scholarship applicants who have at least one semester of university results at the point of application and have not embarked on their final year of study
Applicants who have prior experience in technology or ICT-related events or have participated in hackathons will be considered favourably.
How to apply
Applications are open from September until April for each cycle. If you have a passion for technology and a strong desire to play a part in our Smart Nation agenda, learn more about the scholarship at https://go.gov.sg/smartnationscholarship. For enquiries, please write to email@example.com.
Read more about some of our scholars
- Lee Penn Han: All scholars are the same? 3 S’porean scholarship recipients address common stereotypes people have of them
- Tan Xin Yen & Chiraag Anand: Taking the first step to shaping the nation with tech
- Enelton Satria: Building an inclusive and secure digital future
- Nicholas Singham: Smart Nation Scholarship - A Smarter and Better Future