The SG Digital Scholarship. For those who choose different.
Put your passion into action today. Take the first leap into the tech and media industry by applying for the SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) today. Application is now open till 14 April 2024.Apply now
About The SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate)
A world of opportunity with the flexibility to shape your future awaits. From tech- and media-related courses, to serving your bond in a tech- or media-related job role in the organisation of choice*, our undergraduate scholarship programme empowers you to pursue your passions and forge your own career path. Whether it’s a start-up or an MNC in the healthcare, finance or media industry, the possibilities are truly yours to create.
Applicants for the SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen;
- Good Co-Curricular Activity record;
- Possess a strong interest in a career in the tech or media industry; and
- Commence undergraduate studies within one year from the point of scholarship award
- For full-term scholarship - A/IB/IP Level or Polytechnic diploma holder pursuing a tech or media-related degree at a local or overseas university.
- For mid-term scholarship - existing undergraduate student pursuing a tech or media-related degree at a local or overseas university with minimally one academic year of study remaining from point of award.
- Part-time, online or distance learning courses are not eligible.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) studies including Computer Science / Artificial Intelligence / Data Science / Information Security / Analytics / Applied Sciences etc.
- Media-related courses in Animation / Film / Games / Interactive Media / Publishing (including Content Creation related courses) etc.
Applicable for scholarships awarded from 2024.
SG Digital Scholarship (Undergraduate) recipients would be required to fulfil the following obligations:
- Achieve at least a second upper honours or equivalent for your undergraduate course;
- Complete at least one course or attain one certification beyond that of the undergraduate course curriculum;
- Participate in at least one overseas programme (e.g. internship, student exchange programme, competition);
- Complete a mandatory internship with IMDA and a private company; and
- Serve a bond in any tech or media-related job role in an organisation of their choice* after graduation
The bond commitment will be as follows:
- 3 years for Local Scholarship;
- 4 years for the Fast Track Bachelors-Masters Scholarship;
- 4 to 5 years for Overseas Scholarship (depending on the duration of the sponsorship)
Applicable for scholarships awarded from 2024.
Successful applicants will be given support for:
- Tuition and other compulsory university fees. For mid-term candidates, tuition and other compulsory fees incurred before the award will be back paid
- Annual living allowance and pre-studies allowance
- Medical insurance and visa fees, etc. where mandatory
- Funding support for courses and certifications beyond school curriculum
- Support for overseas experiences including overseas internships, student exchange programmes, and competitions
- Scholars may qualify for additional sponsorship of Master’s programme* upon completion of undergraduate studies. No additional bond will be required for additional Master’s programmes shorter than 1 year. Additional Master’s of >1 to ≤2 years will incur 1 year of additional bond.
In preparation for your future career in Singapore’s digital economy and media ecosystem, we have curated development programmes that will be available to you to acquire critical knowledge and relevant skills.
SG Digital Leadership Accelerator
As an SG Digital Scholar, you will be part of the Singapore Digital Leadership Accelerator community of digital leaders who drive Singapore’s digital economy and media ecosystem. This community comprises leaders in different stages of their careers, who support one another in their professional and personal leadership journeys.
All SG Digital Scholars will have access to a diverse pool of mentors who are experienced tech and media professionals. This mentorship programme will help to sharpen your skills, expand your professional circle and gain valuable insights on your desired tech/media domain.
- Industry engagement and networking
SG Digital Scholars will have exclusive access to curated career engagement and industry networking events offered by IMDA such as
From exclusive visits and open houses, to internship opportunities at high-growth companies, our industry partners are just as passionate in nurturing talent for the development of our SG Digital Scholars.
While serving your bond commitments, the company will provide you with a career development plan, a suitable mentor, job rotations, as well as regional exposure.
Organisations interested to hire SG Digital Scholarship recipients may email to SGD_Scholarship_UG@imda.gov.sg for further details.
* Subject to IMDA’s approval.