Rate Our Information

Was this Information useful?

Marketing Assistance

last updated 03 November 2017

​​​Marketing Assistance helps media companies market their productions to their target audience and grow overseas demand for Singapore-produced content.​

​Companies can apply for Marketing Assistance to defray the cost of expenses related to travel, as well as marketing of content at events listed here​.​ These events are carefully reviewed on an annual basis and the selection is based on their relevance to Singapore’s media industry, their reputation a​​​nd the strong industry attendance rate. 

An overview of the grant application process can be found here.

  • Individual applicant must be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident.
    [Note: Individual application applies only to Film Sector]

  • Singapore-registered organisations wi​​th at least one Media Singapore Standard Industrial Classification (SSIC) code.

If you would like to find out if your company is listed in the Media SSIC code, enter your SSIC code here.


IMDA will defray the costs for

  • airfare

  • living allowance

  • market badge

  • booth rental

  • marketing collaterals

  • digital format transfer
For organisations

  • Funding applications by organisations must be made via the Business Grants Portal (BGP). BGP brings government grants for businesses into one place, making it easier to apply for grants. You will need a CorpPass account to apply for grants on the BGP. Please register for your CorpPass account at www.corppass.gov.sg today. Simply assign the Business Grant Portal and OSAM-CP (for OGMS) as e-services on CorpPass to start applying for grants.
For individuals

If you are interested to know more about IMDA’s grant schemes, please contact us via our Online Feedback Form​​.​

What is the definition of Related-Party?

The following definitions are to be adopted in the context of IMDA media schemes:

A. Individual to Individual

An individual is related to another individual if he or she is:

  • A spouse of the individual; or
  • A child of the individual or that of the individual’s spouse; or 
  • A dependant of the individual or the individual’s spouse. Dependants are defined as any parent, spouse or child (legally adopted or illegitimate) living with him/her and/or receiving financial contribution from him/her for living expenses or as source of income.

B. Individual to Entity

An individual is related to an entity if:

  • The individual, or any of the related persons defined as above, has control (e.g. majority voting rights) or joint control (e.g. share majority voting rights) over the entity.

C. Entity to Entity

An entity is related to another entity if:

  • One entity has control (e.g. majority voting rights) or joint control (e.g. share majority voting rights) over the other entity.

If any potential supplier/service provider for the project is a related-party, grant applicants are reminded to make the appropriate declaration to IMDA when submitting their grant application. Do note that any related-party transaction incurred by grant applicants, that had not been declared to IMDA and approved by IMDA, would not be funded.