There are two focus areas for the PIXEL Labs, namely:
- PIXEL Labs supports individuals and local companies in the tech and media scene to turn novel ideas into working realities. We host discussions and events to meet industry experts and potential users in energised gatherings, focusing on beyond-the-horizon technology trends, pioneering innovations, investment capitalisation and marketing strategies.
- We also offer support to innovative enterprises by providing access to tools and prototyping equipment, mentors, connections, and showcase opportunities, individuals and companies can get started on building hardware prototypes and test new solutions. In an environment that seeks to nurture and encourage cutting-edge approaches to solving problems, the ethos of the PIXEL Labs provides a fresh perspective to develop revolutionary technology.
Inspire with Tech
- With a nurturing and encouraging environment, and through its many activities, PIXEL Labs ignites a bold passion for innovative thinking and experimentation by encouraging passionate individuals to get hands on with the latest applications such as microcontroller-based prototyping platform and 3D printing or by taking part in robotics-based challenges.
- Children with special needs and the underprivileged are also encouraged to cultivate their interest in programming, coding and technology development.
PIXEL Labs Locations
Jurong Regional Library
21 Jurong East Central 1
Level 2, Singapore 609732
This 135sqm facility is a collaboration between Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore and National Library Board. It offers library users a dedicated space with tools, equipment, and hardware kits that enable individuals to learn, create, invent, and share skills. Programmes are jointly arranged by NLB and IMDA and targeted at the broad spectrum of library users. These activities cover both tech and non-tech areas such as hands-on workshops for students and families, technology talks for general public and crafting sessions for makers.
For Programmes & Workshops at PIXEL Labs@NLB, please visit GoLibrary and do a keyword search for “PIXEL Labs@NLB” for more details on upcoming programmes and workshops.
General Operating Hours:
Wed to Sun from 12pm – 8.30pm
Closed on Mon & Tue and Public Holidays including eve of Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year.
Besides programmes and workshops, dedicated hours are reserved for registered lab users to tinker in the lab:
Wed & Thu
12pm – 8.30pm
12pm – 3pm
Sat & Sun
5.30pm – 8.30pm (*2pm – 8.30pm)
* The lab will be open for extended weekend tinkering on every third Saturday and Sunday of the month.
For more information on tinkering in PIXEL Labs@NLB, please download the Booking Guide including the Lab User Registration Form if you meet the participation eligibility.
National Design Centre
111 Middle Road
#02/03-04, Singapore 188969
The 400 sqm facility is situated within the National Design Centre on Middle Road. Set up in collaboration with Design Singapore Council, PIXEL Labs@NDC targets technology and media professionals, as well as designers to collaborate and build innovative products and services. PIXEL Labs@NDC also serves as a meeting point for technology professionals and companies where technology related events and meet-ups are held.
Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore
10 Pasir Panjang Road
#09-01, Singapore 117438
This 300 sqm facility allows Singapore-based tech companies to collaborate with IMDA to generate innovative ideas that can be tested for feasibility of use and demonstration to potential users.
PIXEL Labs Programmes
Whether you are a keen maker, passionate student, energetic start-up, experienced enterprise, PIXEL Labs offers programmes that might just suit your needs:
- Challenges and Competitions
To inspire innovation and out-of-the-box thinking by budding innovators, IMDA Labs supports challenges and competitions such as:
- Hands-on Workshops
PIXEL Labs hosts workshops at our Labs@NLB space to further equip interested individuals and groups with technology concepts and hands-on experiences. Please visit http://www.nlb.gov.sg/golibrary/ and do a keyword search for “PIXEL Labs@NLB” for more details on upcoming programmes and workshops.
- Innovation Collaboration
PIXEL Labs works with industry, schools and institutes of higher learning to build prototypes with the goal of demonstrating commercialisation potential and industry impact. We also partner enterprises, government agencies and hardware accelerators to design, host and run innovation activities to address global opportunities.
PIXEL Labs also works with organisations and companies to build prototypes that explores ways in which business operations can be improved. IMDA Labs is a platform for cross-pollination of ideas between different communities – tech, media and design.
- Tech meet-ups and sharing
PIXEL Labs plays host to various tech meet-up groups and events that bring together tech communities of different disciplines to share experiences and learn about new trends. With the aim of building technology skill sets and competencies of students, local enterprises and community groups, PIXEL Labs works closely with industry leaders and technology companies to host events that target different user groups.
Interested to participate in our programmes? Contact us to register your interest.
Want to work with us? We are open to explore unique proposals and offerings from potential partners that are aligned with our objectives. These proposed activities can include (but are not limited to) innovation projects, technology workshops/talks, seminars, events, tech challenges or conferences. Contact us to explore possible collaboration opportunities.
For more information and all other queries, please email us at Labs@imda.gov.sg.