Some arts entertainment events or activities are exempted from arts entertainment licensing if they are able to meet certain conditions. For details on arts entertainment, please refer to the following:
1. EXEMPTED ARTS ENTERTAINMENT CATEGORIES UNDER THE PUBLIC ENTERTAINMENTS AND MEETINGS (SPECIFIED ARTS ENTERTAINMENT) (EXEMPTION) ORDER 2005
For specified arts entertainment events/activities held outdoors, organisers are required to notify any police officer on duty at any Neighbourhood Police Post, Neighbourhood Police Centre or Police Land Division, of the performance at least seven days before the event, using the Public Entertainment Licence - Notification to Police of Exempted Public Entertainments or Arts Entertainment (you will need your SingPass and password).
Alternatively you can click here to download the form which can be faxed or submitted in person to any of the Police posts, centres or land divisions.
Click here to view the Specified Arts Entertainment Exemption Order 2005.
2. EXEMPTED CATEGORIES UNDER THE PUBLIC ENTERTAINMENTS (EXEMPTIONS) ORDER
- Performances of music, singing or dancing by or for children held at hotels or shopping centres;
- “Lion” or “Dragon” dances;
- Constituency activities;
- Karaoke singing at weddings.
With the exception of busking and karaoke singing at weddings, the organisers of the above activities will need to notify the Neighbourhood Police Post, Neighbourhood Police Centre or Police Land Division at least seven days before the event, using the relevant Public Entertainment Licence - Notification to Police of Exempted Public Entertainments or Arts Entertainment.
For busking, a Letter of Endorsement from the National Arts Council is required. Please refer to the NAC Busking Scheme.
Click here to view the Public Entertainments (Exemptions) Order.
3. EXEMPTED ARTS ENTERTAINMENT WITHOUT CONDITIONS
No licence is required for the following arts entertainment activities:
- Any arts entertainment event/activity organised or sponsored by the Management Committee of the Kreta Ayer People's Theatre and held in that Theatre.
- The playing of live-band music, or any karaoke singing, between 7 a.m. and 10.30 p.m. at weddings which are held in HDB void decks or along the roadside in non-HDB areas (including those held in the compounds of private houses) or in multi-purpose halls.
- The playing of live-band music provided at funerals.
- Any arts entertainment event/activity provided or under the auspices of any Statutory Board.
- Any arts entertainment event/activity organised by LASALLE College of the Arts and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts of the Arts.
- Any arts entertainment event/activity organised by Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore University of Social Sciences and Singapore University of Technology and Design.
- Any performance organised by The Esplanade Co. Ltd in any place to which the public or any class of the public has access, with or without payment.
- Any arts entertainment event/activity organised by National Gallery Singapore, Singapore Art Museum and Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre.