Come learn digital, explore new technology, & help ensure no one gets left behind as Singapore digitalises. Through fun and interactive experiences across three weekends hosted by over 120 partners.
SINGAPORE – 20 OCT 2023
1. Get ready to embark on a learning adventure at the annual Digital for Life Festival 2023. Organised by Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), together with over 120 partners from the Private, Public and People (3P) sectors, 2023’s Digital for Life Festival promises three exciting weekends filled with innovation, exploration, and community engagement.
2. The Digital for Life Festival will be at three locations: Kampung Admiralty Community Plaza on 28 and 29 October; Heartbeat@Bedok on 4 and 5 November and; Toa Payoh Hub on 11 and 12 November.
3. Each of these 3 weekend editions of the Festival will feature the same three zones - Learn, Explore and Play a Part. Visitors can learn digital skills, explore emerging digital technologies, and have a chance to participate in building a digital inclusive Singapore. Some activities visitors can expect are:
- Learn: Pick up essential digital skills for daily living. From online safety and security to communicating and transacting online responsibly, parents can learn to guide their children online safely such as how to engage gaming youths at home. Experience what it means to be a Digital Citizen in a smart neighbourhood, from government agencies such as the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, National Library Board, the Smart Nation Singapore. Hear and learn digital skills from partners such as DBS Bank, Microsoft, Google, Singtel, EYEYAH x Meta, Ottodot, COMEBACK, and more.
- Explore: Enjoy an interactive playground showcasing exciting emerging technologies. Get hands-on experience with Artificial Intelligence and immersive media including Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and even Mixed Reality. Join workshops where seniors can learn Artificial Intelligence 101 by Serangoon Secondary School. Witness firsthand demonstrations from Amazon, Smobler and Buzz AR. Explore how you can use new digital technologies to enrich your daily life.
- Play a Part: You can help ensure no one gets left behind as Singapore digitalises. You can help build an inclusive digital society. Come pledge your support for the Digital for Life (DfL) movement. Speak to some of our DfL projects volunteers to forge meaningful connections and build strong communities around shared interests with other Singaporeans.
4. Encouraging Singaporeans to come forward to participate at the Digital for Life Festival 2023, Ms Doreen Tan, Assistant Chief Executive, Strategic Planning and Digital Readiness, at IMDA, said, “The Digital for Life Festival is more than just an event. It is a celebration how we as a society can stay connected and move forward together as Singapore digitalises. This is what Digital for Life (DfL) national movement launched since 2021 is about. Why Digital for Life? Because each of us can learn digital for life, and also use digital to enrich our daily life. So, along with our DfL partners, we want to bring for every visitor at the Festival hands-on experiences and practical tips on using digital technologies effectively and safely. It has something digital that is useful and relevant for everyone, whether youths, families with young children and seniors. So, come join us in this fun-filled Festival to learn, play, and be inspired by the limitless possibilities of the digital world."
5. Admission is free. To register for workshops and for more information about Digital for Life Festival 2023, please visit Digital for Life Festival 2023 event website.