The app features Augmented Reality technology that will also provide up close unique experiences during National Day
SINGAPORE – 07 JUL 2023
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) launched the NDP Digital Play Pack today, dedicated to celebrating Singapore's 58th National Day by enabling Singaporeans to experience a digital side of NDP. This is part of the collective NDP experience. The app features the use of Augmented Reality (AR) and will bring the fun digitally to Singaporeans where they can “dress up” and take digital photos, “visit” iconic locations from the past, and enjoy the parade at home through the AR function of the app.
With the NDP Digital Play Pack, we wanted to add a digital twist for the upcoming National Day celebrations in a fun, easy way. In partnership with the NDP Committee, we hope all Singaporeans can create new National Day memories, deepen interactions during the NDP and take a stroll down memory lane through Singapore’s cherished and historic landmarks. We invite all Singaporeans to enjoy and bond over our nation’s birthday with the NDP Digital Play Pack.
Dr Ong Chen Hui
Assistant Chief Executive, BizTech Group, IMDA
Key features of NDP Digital Play Pack
- Creating as One: Have fun with your friends and family members with the “Creating as One” sticker and filter pack. Take exciting photos with unique National Day 2D and 3D stickers, dressing up in your favourite Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), Singapore Police Force (SPF) or Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) uniforms, or even take timeless selfies with your favourite National Day mascot – August the Merlion.
- Growing up as One: Celebrate as one this National Day, from our beloved Padang to our heartlands. Take a walk down memory lane through Singapore’s yesteryears and visit many of our nation’s most iconic sites such as the old Paya Lebar Airport, Big Splash and many more.
- NDP as One: A surprise to unpack on the 9th of August 2023. Featuring exclusive content for the National Day Parade, the NDP Digital Play Pack will bring the NDP to the comfort of your home. Join us in the celebration as we bring your favourite assets such as the SCDF's 6th Generation Light Fire Attack Vehicle, also known as the Red Rhino, the Republic of Singapore Navy’s Unmanned Surface Vessel, also known as the Protector, and many more from the NDP Total Defence Parade will be brought straight from the Padang and straight into your living room. Enjoy immersive 360-degrees videos, Augmented Reality fireworks, and many more.
NDP Digital Play Pack is part of the #UniteAsOneSG campaign, which aims to foster a stronger sense of belonging and identity among Singaporeans by encouraging them to learn more about Singapore. Through both physical and digital activities, the #UniteAsOneSG campaign seeks to encourage Singaporeans to come together to learn more about Singapore and to engage in a collective action in celebrating NDP 2023.
- Gardens by the Bay, the location of the Gardens by the Bay and Mediacorp National Day Concert on August 5th, 2023. Featuring fireworks for the first time, this free public concert at The Meadow brings Singaporeans together to celebrate the nation’s birthday with an exciting line-up of performances by popular artistes as well as pre- concert activities such as a carnival and meet-and-greet with local celebrities.
- National Library Board: Discover more about our Singapore Stories through images curated and contributed by the National Archives of Singapore, an institution of the National Library Board. Check out other interactive multimedia resources about Singapore at https://curiocity.nlb.gov.sg/.
For more information, please visit https://www.ndp.gov.sg/public-engagement/activities/.
About Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) leads Singapore’s digital transformation with infocomm media. To do this, IMDA will develop a dynamic digital economy and a cohesive digital society, driven by an exceptional infocomm media (ICM) ecosystem – by developing talent, strengthening business capabilities, and enhancing Singapore's ICM infrastructure. IMDA also regulates the telecommunications and media sectors to safeguard consumer interests while fostering a pro-business environment, and enhances Singapore’s data protection regime through the Personal Data Protection Commission.
For more news and information, visit www.imda.gov.sg or follow IMDA on LinkedIn (@IMDA), Facebook (@IMDAsg) and Instagram (@IMDAsg).
Aung Thi Ha
(Communications and Marketing)
DID: (65) 9338 2594
Elsa Kimy Yue
(Communications and Marketing)
DID: (65) 8338 8942