IMDA unveils a remarkable showcase with over 700 hours of compelling stories across more than 80 Made-with-Singapore content titles.
SINGAPORE – 16 OCT 2023
1. Singapore makes a return to 2023’s Marché International des Programmes de Communication (MIPCOM) with the largest-ever Singapore delegation presenting more than 80 pieces of Made-with-Singapore content. Led by the Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), the Singapore delegation will be bringing more than 700 hours of content through over 30 media companies based in Singapore, to the global market at MIPCOM. Held in Cannes, France from 16 to 19 October, MIPCOM is the world’s largest entertainment trade event for television, digital and content.
2. IMDA will be hosting a Singapore Pavilion at the event to showcase Singapore’s media companies and their high-quality content to international commissioners and producers. There will also be industry sharing sessions and networking opportunities where interested buyers can learn more about Singapore’s growing content production industry and meet key players.
Largest-ever Singapore delegation: Over 30 of Singapore's foremost media companies will be present at MIPCOM, demonstrating the rich creative talent and original IPs that Singapore has to offer. [Please see Annex B (86.77KB) for full list of the delegation]
Over 80 pieces of Made-with-Singapore content: Bringing the most number of content to the global market ever, attendees at MIPCOM 2023 can explore a vast selection of high-quality content produced by or with Singapore. Singaporean creators and production houses will be featured, promoting a diverse variety that caters to a wide range of genre and audience.
Singapore Hour: Happening at 3.30PM CET on 16 and 17 October at the Singapore Pavilion, gain valuable insights into the ever-evolving landscape of content creation, distribution, and global expansion as you network and hear from industry players such as Empire of Arkadia, IFA Media, Ochre Pictures, Rock Entertainment and The O4 Company. Delve into topics relevant to the region with opportunities to engage with Singapore's media industry leaders and companies for partnerships and discussions for upcoming projects.
Key industry announcements and updates: Singapore’s delegation will be making key deal announcements at the Singapore Pavilion.
Monday, 16 October - IFA Media, Ochre Pictures and The Moving Visuals Co.
Tuesday, 17 October - Beach House Pictures, Mediacorp and Protagonist by M
3. "This has been an incredible year for Singapore’s media and entertainment industry. We started with the Cannes Film Festival where three Made-with-Singapore films were premiered and now, we are back in Cannes for MIPCOM leading the largest-ever Singapore delegation. We look forward to showcase Singapore as a hub for content creation and distribution, and for partners all over the world to collaborate with our Singapore talent and companies," said Mr Justin Ang, Assistant Chief Executive for Media, Innovation, Communications and Marketing at IMDA.
4. “MIPCOM has been an important event that allows Singaporean companies to showcase our local content as well as connect with international players. It is heartening to have the largest Singaporean delegation representing the tiny red dot at this arena. This indicates the ever-growing landscape in Singapore and the potential for Singaporean companies to explore beyond boundaries. Our members attending are proud to be part of the delegation,” said Ms Khim Loh, President of AIPRO.
5. We invite interested commissioners and producers to visit us at the Singapore Pavilion located at P-1.H51 to meet with our media companies.