Be aware of scammers impersonating as IMDA officers and report any suspicious calls to the police. Please note that IMDA officers will never call you nor request for your personal information. For scam-related advice, please call the Anti-Scam helpline at 1800-722-6688 or go to

e-Government Gov-to-Business Surveys 2014

Annual e-Government Perception Survey (Business) Conducted in 2014


The e-Government Perception Survey on Businesses is conducted annually by the Ministry of Finance and the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore to assess the level of receptivity towards key e-government initiatives and to identify areas for further improvement on the electronic services (e-services) used by the business community.

The survey was conducted from July to August 2014 for the reporting period of FY2013 (i.e. 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014).


The survey aims to determine the level of satisfaction in using Government websites and e-services and identify area for improvements.

Research Methodology

1,600 businesses, representative of the following Singapore's industry sectors were surveyed.

  • Commerce;
  • Community, Social & Personal Services;
  • Construction;
  • Financial & Business Services;
  • Manufacturing; and
  • Transportation, Storage & Communications.

Data collection was done through telephone interviews.

Survey Results

  1. Almost all the businesses (99%) visited the Government websites in the past 12 months of the financial year. More than 80% of the businesses were satisfied with the usefulness and the ease of finding & understanding the information provided on the Government websites.

  2. 97% of businesses, who have visited Government websites, have transacted with the Government online using e-services in the past 12 months of the financial year. The remaining 3% who did not transact online using Government e-services mostly indicated they did not see the need or they preferred human contact in completing their transaction.

  3. More than 9 out of 10 (93%) businesses were satisfied (rating of 4 and above – out of a scale of 6) with the overall quality of Government e-services, while 64% were very satisfied (rating of 5 and above – out of scale of 6). The satisfaction with the overall quality of the Government e-services has improved over the years.

    0201 g2b

  4. More than 90% of the respondents were satisfied with the ease of completing transactions online and the adequacy of the information provided for using the Government e-services. While 81% of them were satisfied with the support provided for using these e-services.